𝐗𝐗 | 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐘

"You can't stop me, you know that"

LORENZO MARCELIO
My hand fisted the door knob to Gianna's room before I twisted it and opened the door. The bed was messy and unmade with Sofia's sleeping figure in on one side. I come to find out that the girl is just as strong-minded as her mother and as fearless as her father. It makes sense given the people she's grown up around, but it doesn't make my job easier in trying to make Gianna my wife and gaining power.

The light under the bathroom door illuminated the ground in front of it, the sound of moving water indicated that Gianna must be in the bath. So, I walked over to the door and pushed it open. There she was, Gianna was in the bathtub, bubbled covering her naked body, and her hair pulled into a messy bun. Her brown eyes met mine yet didn't seem bothered by the intrusion.

I walked over to the side of the sub, sitting down on the small white box chair next to the tub. "Are you here to ask for my hand in marriage... again?" Gianna asked, rolling her eyes. I hated that she sought me out as the bad guy when in reality I'm just trying to help us both. With this marriage, I will gain power over the Rostov family's mafia, the Rose Cartel, and the deadliest assassin in the world. I could protect her and Sofia, once Rowan was dead of course. And my mafia-the New York mafia would become more powerful with her by my side.

"I hate that you see me as the villain," I said as my fingertips traced her wet collarbone. "You don't seem to understand the things I could give you and the power we would both have if you took my offer." Gianna didn't seem affected by my touch like she used to be, instead, her eyes narrowed before her hand shot up to grip my wrist. "Gianna, I am only asking that you consider it, I-fuck-I need this marriage to happen whether you like it or not. I don't want to take things to the level they are going but if I must, it will happen and you won't like the end results."

"Maybe I would have given you a chance if your reputation with other mafias were better, maybe I would have given you a chance if you didn't probably kidnap Rowan or kidnap me and my daughter along with Dante and Declan. You would think that mafia men teach their sons how to be patient and accepting of refusal but I'm guessing that was never a lesson for you."

Gianna leaned on the lip of the tub, our faces inches apart.

"There are only so many things that will ever get me to accept a marriage with you and your begging isn't one of them. Even if I married you, I would make your life a living hell if it's the last thing I do. My mother ran from my father for a reason and never got the opportunity to kill him. I may end up following in her footsteps but the only difference will be that I actually killed you, whether I live or die in the end." My vision almost blurred with red, the urge to just push her underwater became very tempting right now. "Get. The fuck. Out," Gianna gritted slowly.