𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 | 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆

"This is not love, this is obsession"

GIANNA ROSE
A month has gone by since Sofia and I were kidnapped. Lorenzo and I are officially engaged and it's only a matter of time before he makes it public. He's been busy planning things for the wedding and figuring out a date. The maids brought in dresses a couple of times during the past week and as much as I like some of them, they just didn't feel right. Sofia was angry about the marriage and became distant over the month, at night, she leaves the room for a while before coming back. I figured she was just getting air and walking around to clear her head as I did as a child, it seems to keep her going.

I've been talking to her every day, trying to be present and sane for her. But she only pushes me away which is an annoying trait she and her father have in common. We're both slowly losing ourselves as the days go by. I haven't even seen Dante and Declan since that night, and Lorenzo is a face I am forced to see every day.

Lorenzo has been trying to act like everything is normal, like we're happy like I wasn't being forced to do any of this. Even now, he has me sitting next to him at the dinner table-only us. Sofia refused to have dinner with him and from what I hear, Rapheal was assigned some business at Lorenzo's club. His thumb ran over my knuckles as he held my hand in his, we ate in silence. "We will be attending the yearly mafia ball together, there, we will announce the engagement."

"When will the wedding be?" Lorenzo's grey eyes met mine as he leaned back in his seat.

"The wedding will be in two months; I want to marry you as soon as possible and also leave enough time to set up everything. I also wanted to talk to you about kids," Lorenzo said slowly. My eyes practically bulged when he said those words. I didn't think about the fact that he would want his own heir. In the mafia, a son is required for every Capo so they can take after their fathers' footsteps. A girl, especially one who isn't his blood wouldn't be able to take after him but to be forced into an arranged marriage.

The other thing I didn't think about was the consummation after the wedding. Thing is, the Italian mafia's traditions are different from Russia's or the Bratva's. In the Bratva, virginity isn't as valuable to them, they simply want a woman born in power to marry a member of the Bratva. In the Italian, they count on purity, and in no way am I pure. It's even worse the fact that I am half Italian so they won't be too accepting of the fact I had sex and had a child with one of the deadliest assassins in the world before marriage.

Maybe I wouldn't be shamed for it if I married Rowan but Lorenzo had other plans and my reputation here is completely fucked. The only person who ever broke practically every rule in the book and is still respected and feared is Octavia Russo. She lost her virginity to her current husband Silas before marriage, is a deadly assassin, betrayed the Bratva and Italian, killed her father which was the leader of the entire Russian mafia, had a child before marriage, and forced her way onto the Russian thrown. Yet, after all of that, people see her fear and respect almost as much as her husband Silas Russo.