Chapter 46: Three Idiots vs A-rank 2/2

Although ranks were not absolute in this world, they were close to it.

Ranks represented the amount of mana you could hold and wield. Although the exact amount differed slightly between people in the same rank, it was around the same.

A higher rank meant a higher amount of mana, and a higher amount of mana meant a greater number of possible strategies and stronger techniques. In other words, a greater strength, speed, agility, defenses, etc.

Normally, five or six strong peak <C+> ranks were needed to fight one weak <B–> rank. Going one rank higher, you needed eight to ten strong peak <B+> ranks to face one weak <A–> rank. As for A-ranks defeating a Demigod? It will take more than 10 or 30 of them to beat one, even they are fully geared and equipped with powerful magical artifacts, weapons and fully prepared, there is still doupts about it.

But the first person ever did that was the Great Warrior of Atira himself, Izrael. A warrior knight who was at peak <A+> rank that manage to defeat a Transcension Demigod single-handedly.

Despite it, though, the world never lacked geniuses. Stories of people defeating enemies of a stronger rank were not uncommon. Each certain time, you could hear a story about a young genius somewhere managing to do it.

In fact, Delirious, Brian, and Marcel were three such people.

However, it was mostly limited to defeating someone one rank higher.

As for defeating someone two entire ranks higher? At most, you could find three or four people like that in each generation, and most of the time, luck played a decisive factor in the victory.

And now, our group of FUCKING idiots were exactly in that situation.

And they finally understood how wide a difference of two ranks was.

It was the very first time they felt so powerless during a fight in this world.

The A-rank was many times stronger than them, his speed was several times faster, and his battle experience and explosiveness were at another level.

It was at the point where they could not keep with his movements. Although both Brian and Marcel's eyes could follow the black-dressed man thanks to his Brian's cyberntic eyes and Marcel's enhance senses, unfortunately their body was too slow to react.

Besides the first few attacks that took the man by surprise, none of their attacks had managed to hit him.

In fact, the only reason they were still alive was because Marcel and Brian have insane senses beyond their levels that could catch the movements of the A-rank, not just that, another good reason is that they have much more geared and very strategic than the A-rank, and the final reason is that they wore their Enchanted Diamond Armor, eating an enchanted Golden Apple, drank numerous Body enhancement Potions, and Brian kept yeeting an enchanted Shield Captain America style. Nevertheless, the black-dressed man had been very close to landing a blow.

However, their situation was not the worst. At the very least, they had not been injured yet.

Instead, it was the city lord whose situation seemed grim.

Even although the city lord was also an <A-> rank, he was already tired after fighting the beast wave. Moreover, not every <A-> ranks was the same, and it was obvious that the leader of the black-dressed men was one of the strongest in the early-stage rank.