CHAPTER XXXI

~ * ~

~ * ~

If one is going to be upset of comparison, one must do their job well. One must do their job seriously to gain respect and not meet their downfall.

Those were her thoughts of another dream she had.

In the Pridelands, the land where the King of Beasts had the crown now and has succeeded on his act of treason, he was not as successful in ruling it.

Starvation and drought have struck the land, leaving little to no food nor water for the rest of the wildlife. Mere dirt and a few bones were all that was there. 

A few bones like the cage a poor bird named Zazu was in.

The King of Beasts, Scar, did have his hyenas but even they were displeased with his way of ruling. Regardless, even as they voiced their complaints, they were dismissed and were told to just have Zazu as their meal.

The hyenas compared Scar to the late king and well. . .

They were screamed at to leave.

"This is so frustrating." (Y/N) muttered to herself, walking to the dormitory's doorstep after she had trained herself for the morning. 

And not to mention how anxious she felt.

"Oh, you're up already." A familiar gruff voice spoke.

"Jack?" The (h/c) girl uttered, turning towards the said male, him walking closer to her as she straightened her shirt to go make herself look a little more presentable.

"What are you doing in my dorm?" 

"I came during my morning run," Jack answered. "It's already the Magical Shift Tournament. I couldn't let you oversleep." 

"How can I forget that?" (Y/N) shook her head. 

"I have to finish the task the headmaster gave me, and Grim wants to be able to play in the tournament just like the rest."

Crowley did say that she will be doing odd jobs while having ber stay in Night Raven College. It was understandable to do so to earn her keep.

However, even he too could be rather. . slothful at times.

The wolf beastman scoffed, crossing his arms.

"See you at the stadium, don't you dare go back to sleep." 

At the male's reminder, (Y/N) sighed and opened the door.

"I wasn't planning to," (Y/N) clarified.

+ + +  

Lively and filled with individuals attending the tournament of the year in Night Raven College, the school was buzzing with both students and visitors.

Stalls of different sorts lined up the Side Street with items of variation. Food, antiques, and more were seen and offered in the venue. It was colorful and lively.