SURYAGADH

MAHARAJ AYUDHIK

As the sun shown over the newly formed capital and fort of Suryagadh the people began their daily routine. Fisherman had long gone to the river shore of Sabarmati for fishing along with the women and washer man with there loads of laundry. The faint noise of harbour echoed in one's ears if they try to hear it hard enough in the morning rustle of fort below me. Maids and ladies are running here and there. As the festival of Diwali came closer which is still two weeks away the people had started cleaning but the newly restablished fort of Suryagadh didn't need much or so I thought until I saw the havoc Shuarya and Aarya caused when they cleaned entire of their new chambers that even Reteka who never talk pleaded to god in mumbled voice to calm them down.

While entire bustling with actives I am stucked in my work chamber with the loads of paperwork. "Ehh.." I said catching my head as if my incoming headache will vanish by it. "We have complete this stack as well Maharaj." Lekhya said forwarding another stack from her table to mine. I looked her as she gave me her asusual calm face which made my head bang even more. "Still how many ?" I asked Vinay ji who is head deep in the papers telling about the Dalpatgadh financial situation. Lekhya had uncanning ability for calculation which is why she is stucked with us. "This will take more that five days to sort out Maharaj." He said equally irritated at the amount of paperwork.

"You can take a break Maharaj. We will handle it here." I heard Manish ji. My finance minister say. I nodded and got up from the place I am stucked in from last two pahar. I can fight for four pahar but I can't work papers for more than one hour straight. We want to burn all remains of Dalpatgarh along with the fire of Diwali but it too time and brain consuming process. All the newly appointed officials and ministers are working overtime but some aspects like military, trade and forgein relations required my personal assistance. Lekhya had been a great help. A fine girl she is. All the daughters of Virendra are fine. They decided to stay here in Suryagadh.

The ladies went to their respective kingdoms or with Bhanusara family in Devgiri. Only Lekhya, Aarya, Shuarya, Reteka and Chitra are left. But Chitra is still unconscious after one month. I signed as I kept my foot in her chambers. "Ekant." I said to the servants hovering over her like flies. I can never get use to this. "Enjoying the sunlight I see." I said to her peaceful sleeping form today dressed in peach colour sari. The sunlight from the large windows touched her sharp features. She looked too peaceful. She no longer looked how her sisters use to describe her. Her body had lost it's mass and is paling with each day. More and more as each day passes. Like everyday she didn't answered. "I don't even know why I can't start my day without seeing you." I said chuckling.

I settled on my asusual place on the armchair beside her to stare at her face. Call me a creep but I like to look at her as if she meant a world to me. "I am dying to listen your voice my fluffy rabbit." I said as I kissed her forehead and left for my chambers to started my chaotic repeative boring day. A cycle I want to break so hard. "General." I heard Arjun's voice call me from my work load and piles of documents spread across the tables and couches in my bedroom. It perked my intrest. No one call me general unless they are from my older troop. Even though my people are posted here in Suryagadh under strict instructions that they must call me Maharaj.

Arjun called me with my old title does made me think that he got the answers I am searching for. "I found this in the old library of Devgiri. Carefully hidden away for rotting. I doubt even Maharaj Arun knows about it." He said and kept his fist over his heart and left my chambers through the hidden passage. Assured that I am alone I dimmed the lights of my chambers and opened the scroll. "TARA..." The title read or what is remained of it. Rest of the words and majority of the information was wipped out cleaned by termites. It's a miracle it survived this long. The potrait didn't gave much incite of my mother but it does solidify my theory that my mother was also a royal.