033

😗sorry for any mistakes

Atlantic Beach, NCJuly 27thThursday

Atlantic Beach, NC
July 27th
Thursday

"Oh! wait Kai" Makai heard when he walked out of his office and was about to leave. He sighed and turned around with annoyance written over his face. "Wassup T?" He asked.

Her eyes slightly widened "I'm sorry, I know you're trying to go home. You okay?"She wondered, he just nodded. This was the small part that Makai didn't like about running a business.

Talking.

With his businesses back in Charlotte, he didn't have to talk to most people daily. He was just the owner and had other people runnning other things for him but now he had to talk to Kelly and Tiera all the time. They have been his assistant for 9 months but he still wasn't used to talking to people that weren't family.

That's mostly why he stops listening when they're talking because that's what he was used to.

"Yeah. Whatchu' need?" He looked down at her, wanting her to hurry up so he could leave.

"Are you sure? You— T" He cut her off, stale facing her. She sucked her teeth and playfully rolled her eyes. "Fine, I jus' need you to sign this so they can deliver the rest of the beds tomorrow" She gave him her Ipad and Apple pencil.

He put his spray-ground bookbag on the floor before taking the Ipad. He read over it first to make sure she was making him sign for the right things before signing his signature.

Even though Tech did 3 background checks on both Kelly and Tiera, he still had to be cautious with them, especially when putting his signature on things. He has been in a very shady mafia business and couldn't put anything past either one of them yet.

He was slowly learning to trust them but not fully.

"Thank you, and Thanks for the clothes" She smiled softly. He furrowed his eyebrows "It wasn't nothin'. Didn't want you ta' be uncomfortable round dem folks" He shrugged, picking his bookbag up.

He didn't understand why she would wear a short skirt like she had on to work. She didn't usually wear that type of thing but it wasn't any of his business. He just gave her clothes from the resort merchandise. She told him she was uncomfortable with the men staring at her like she was a piece of meat when they were interviewing people for the assistant manager position.

He wasn't going to tell her what to wear and what not to wear. His merchandise consisted of hoodies, sweatpants, and shirts with the resort brand on them. He needed to see how people liked them anyways before they started selling them.

At least that's what Kelly convinced him of.

"You betta' than my boyfriend. He would have got so mad if he saw what I had on" She shook her head "You don't care what your girlfriend wears?" She asked, trying to learn more about his relationship.