17

Sakari turned in her sleep, releasing a low groan in uncomfortableness after not feeling Dayvon on the side of her

"Baby?" She called out, wanting him to come back because she wasn't ready to wake up yet but she couldn't sleep without him.

After not receiving a response, she huffed, sitting all the way up. She swung her feet over the side of the bed so that she could stand up, and she held a light limp as she walked to the bathroom.

Due to her detoxing her body of both her IV solutions and her medications, her legs were incredibly sore as they tried to adapt to no longer being infused with the drugs.

Sakari still hadn't quite processed it yet, but she was glad she didn't have to take her prescriptions anymore. Now that she actually thought about it, her body kind of hurt worse when she took her meds, which is why she hated taking them.

She was just happy that period of her life was over, and hopefully the drugs hadn't caused irreversible damage to her immune system. She wouldn't be able to know that until her doctors appointment that was in a few days.

Sakari finished her morning routine and took a shower in the span of half an hour, and she finally checked the time once she put some lounge clothes on.

The clock on the nightstand beside the hotel bed read 11:07 in the morning, and she chuckled to herself. She didn't know why she expected Von to be next to her when she woke up because she knew he got up when the sun did.

She left out of the room, heading towards the living area of their suite.

D'Angelo's Brown Sugar played from the TV at a moderate volume, and she saw Von's figure at the balcony table, a blunt in his left hand and a pen in his right.

"Hi baby. What you doin'?" She wrapped her arms around his neck from behind, and he turned his head to meet her lips for a kiss.

"Morning to you too ma. You hungry?" He turned his head back towards his notebook as she kissed his cheek.

"Yeah. You cooked?" She rubbed his muscular arms, put on display through his round neck tank top.

"I got you a plate in the microwave. Get somethin' to drink too." He told her, and she chuckled, turning to walk towards the kitchen area.

She opened the microwave, before closing it and pressing one on the keypad to warm her food up.

While her food spun in the microwave, she looked around at the kitchen. She loved how Von kept his area clean while he cooked-hell, she loved that he knew how to cook. He had really good mannerisms.

She took her plate of two thick burritos with a side of crispy breakfast potatoes towards the balcony, a blue Gatorade in her free hand.

She climbed into the high seat across from him, putting her plate down in front of her while a cool breeze blew across her skin.