Chapter 33

Dedicating this chapter to @02dragonsaphira. I appreciate the way you could connect to Brandan's sudden condition and his emotions.

Thanks to all the lovely readers and friends for voting and commenting on the last chapter and on the other chapters as well. :) New readers welcome - hugs and kisses. Silent readers who have decided to not being silent anymore - love you guys for you braveness.

So, here's chapter 33. Enjoy.

____________________________________

__________________________________________

A couple of days passed after Brandan got to know of Emma and Jonathon's relationship. How he was handling this information... not even Oliver had the idea of. 

"Don't be like this Emma, you and I both know that you are doing nothing wrong. Nothing." Emma wiped the plate with the towel in her hand after scrubbing it clean in the sink. Snatching the plate off of her hand Elli put it down with the other clean plates a little bit too loudly in annoyance.

Emma huffed shaking her head. "I know Elli, technically you are right but this - this seems really weird. I am going on dates with Jonathon, he's a nice guy I agree... but here Brandan..."

Elli threw her hands up in exasperation. "What about Brandan now Emma? What is it with him that's bugging you so much?"

Blowing out a long breath Emma gripped the edges of the sink and leant down, she shook her head and mumbled, "I don't know Elli. I don't know anything anymore."

After a small pause Elli spoke in a much calmer tone, "Do you still love him?"

A frown appeared on Emma's forehead as she stared blankly at the leftover bubbles in the sink. Did she have the answer of this question? Love... she loved him once, so much... so much that she stayed blind at all the wrongs he had done to her for a really long time. Now, Brandan... he was a complete new persona, at first Emma thought that he was just putting up a nice act but - what if he wasn't. What if he was for real... for real cared about her. She had no doubt that he loved the kids...

Emma's thoughts were going on and on... to the point of the edge of insanity.

Not getting a reply from Emma, Elli placed a comforting hand on her shoulder sighing. " Well, I will then just leave with your thoughts now. Just remember this, only you can figure this out - no one else Emma. But don't take too much time for people will keep hurting if you do so - including yourself."

Then perking up, attempting to lift up the depressing atmosphere she blabbered, "I am gonna take a little nap now, later have a date with the french romance guru tonight and then we are going clubbing."

Giving a parting - comforting pat on Emma's shoulder Elli left the kitchen. Emma still stayed by the sink, her thoughts still haywire with possibilities, confusion and uncertainty with insecurity shamefully topping them all up.

————————————————-