𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

"I wonder which will get you killed faster-your loyalty or your stubbornness?"

GIANNA STARKOV
A month ago, Kaiden Russo took my daughter with him where she would be reunited with her father. I had been preparing Sofia for the day yet it was still hard to leave each other. When Lorenzo found out, he was furious about it and is still trying to hunt her down. He questioned me about what happened but I kept my mouth shut, which earned me a black eye for the next two weeks.

His anger has escalated through the months and he finally snapped. Lorenzo apologized and apologized and even tried gaslighting me into hammering it into my brain that it was my fault he hit me. I didn't speak, I didn't cry, I only stared at him while he talked himself into an even deeper whole.

Fredrica was shocked to find me like that but she has taken care of me. She even brought me letters that Rowan has been sending since he escaped. He's kept me a little updated without really telling me anything in case Lorenzo finds the letters. I don't complain though, at least I know they are okay.

Throughout the month, I've been losing weight from not eating that much and the depression that I've developed. My cheekbones are sharper and my collar bone is more noticeable. Not too long ago I had a test done to see if I was pregnant, Fredrica said that she had her suspicions but the test came back negative and my body is too tired to care for a baby in my womb. I was sad that I wasn't pregnant but relieved at the same time, I couldn't imagine having to go through a pregnancy, and if Lorenzo found out, I don't know what he would do.

A knock on the door startled me from my thoughts. It slowly opened to reveal Lorenzo dressed in his usual suit, the look on his face softened when he saw my state. I was only sitting in front of my vanity, brushing my wet hair. I looked back at myself in the mirror and noticed the bags under my eyes, my sharp features, and my pale skin. God, I looked sick.

"You have a visitor I'd like you to see, she will be helping you with the wedding dress shopping," he announced. Of course, the wedding, I hadn't forgotten. I was going to act like this dress was for Rowan, not for Lorenzo, it was going to be beautiful despite the day.

I nodded and stood up, wrapping my silk robe to my body. When I stood in front of him, he didn't move, only raised his hand to touch my cheek. I held back the urge to flinch as his padded thumb grazed my skin. When he put his hand down and turned to walk away, I released a heavy breath before following after him. We headed down the stairs to the large living room that was filled with white dresses and boxes and bags. Then my eyes landed on the person I was meant to meet.

My eyes widen when I scanned her body. Perfectly styled black hair, brown eyes, round glossy lips, and... a pregnant belly? "Mila?" I say, catching her attention. She gave me a soft smile and look at Lorenzo with a fearful look.