027 | You Are Not Him

Jin

Jin

Stomping through the snow, I came to a stop. The snow was now sitting to my knees making it impossible to go any further.

"Fucking hell," I mumbled. The numbness of my feet made me want to just lie down for a rest, but I had to keep moving.

I eventually pulled my way out of the snow and made it to an area that has been shovelled.

"What are you doing here?" A voice from behind appeared out of nowhere.

I turned around and raised my eyebrows to see that my gut was right. Namjoon's explanation for killing Leo didn't sound like him. I had a feeling he was lying to us all. Namjoon would have been killed by Leo's pack if he caused any harm to Leo, I was for sure not stupid, I was the brains of the pack. Namjoon can't get past me.

"Leo." I called out, "What a surprise."

"Surprise? You are on my land. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to ask you some questions. Namjoon doesn't know I'm here to start with before you think I was followed by him, I came alone."

"Why should I believe you?"

I shrugged, "Try to sniff him out yourself, his scent isn't here. You have my word, I am here myself. Let's go into the library so we can talk. I don't want them to find me just yet. I'm putting myself at risk here." I said, walking into the little cottage.

I sat next to the fireplace, hearing the crackling noises of the wood getting burnt as Leo shoved more wood into the fire pit.

"So, what do you want to talk about first? I'm pretty busy today," Leo asked.

"First, let's start with Namjoon. Packs here are allies, it's the heart of our kind. We don't need any more enemies, we are lucky to still have Namjoon." I sighed still staring into the fire.

Leo frowned, "What do you mean?"

"It was around the time Namjoon first met Indigo, weeks of them being mates, Namjoon was struck with wolfsbane. He was dying fast. If it wasn't for Indigo, he wouldn't be here today. We caught who did it and it turned out to be Indigo's step mum who set it up. She tries to ruin Indigo's life. We don't have it easy."

Leo stayed silent but listened. I sighed once again to continue, "As you know, Namjoon is different. We were surprised too when we found out. But it is not his fault, it is a gift, and he is learning to control it. If you think about it, the flames are his parents. They gifted him it. Whenever he is angry, he lashes out but instantly regrets it. He would never use it to be more powerful, I just don't understand why you have instantly turned your back on him. You used to be best friends."

Leo shook his head. "We never were. To him, it was an unbroken bond, but I was used by my father to get the news from inside the pack house. I was his messenger. The night my father planned the deaths of his parents, I stood outside hearing them plead with their screams. That's when I knew we took it too far, but I never admitted it. I wanted to find Namjoon again. I had a strong feeling he was still alive and here he is... alive and well with a healthy pack." Leo laughed, "If only my old man could see this. He died not long after moving here."

"You aren't your dad Leo. You are you. I'm not here to tell you who you can be but don't be like your dad. You decide on your future, your pack needs you to be there for them. Not hunting down an old enemy, Namjoon doesn't want a fight, you can see it for yourself neither do you." I stood up, getting ready to leave.

"I need to go now. I've stayed too long. They will be searching for me. Please think about it, Leo, and do the right thing." I placed my hand on his shoulder before walking out, preparing myself for the tough walk home.