𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈 | 𝐆𝐔𝐍𝐒 & 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐏𝐓. 𝟐

"You look pretty with blood all over your face"

over your face"

ROWAN STARKOV
There my girl stood at the end of the aisle in a beautiful white wedding dress, now stained in blood, her face streaked with tears, and her blond hair still looked perfect. I dreamed of a less miserable version of Gianna standing at the end of the aisle as a boy. She would wear a beautiful white dress a smile on her red lips and our baby girl right by her side. This wasn't at all what I imagined our wedding day to be like-no-it was better, tragedy was in our veins and we were bound to have a bloody wedding.

Lorenzo had been shot twice; the blood loss caused him to become delirious on the ground. He seemed to notice his brother, though, he cried out, crawling to his brother's dead body. My stomach sank when I spotted Lev's dead body on the ground, the blood soaking Gianna was his blood-fuck.

Gianna didn't hesitate to run out of Axel's arms, she held her dress in her hands as she ran to me. Our bodies collided together along with our lips, her arms around my neck and mine around her waist. She sobbed against my lips, deepening the kiss. I almost forgot how good she tasted, how addicting she was-I had her back in my arms, finally.

"Rowan," she sobbed as if my name was the only thing on her mind. I held her tighter, ignoring the gunshots going off around us and the bodies dropping. Axel looked at me over her shoulder giving me a look to tell me we needed to go. I bent down and looped my arm under Gianna's legs, the puffy dress made it a little more complicated.

Lorenzo saw us trying to escape and quickly got up clutching his wounds. He tried chasing after us but he was too weak, the bullets slowing him down. Axel and I turned the other way and headed out of the two big doors, some men came after us, trying to get Gianna. I clutched her tighter, Axel pulled his gun out and shot them over my shoulder.

We turned into a hallway toward the exit, three men blocked us from leaving. Axel was ready to shoot when they brought out a woman. Gianna looked over at the woman, her body froze against mine. "Francesca," she whispered. "Rowan, you can't let them kill her, Axel, do something!"

Axel looked at the woman and looked at me, I set Gianna down and took a step closer to the men. They cocked their guns, and one of them pushed their gun further into Francesca's head. "Give us Gianna and we will let her go," one of them ordered. I wasn't going to let that happen, personally, I didn't care who had to die to keep my girl in my arms, but Gianna ordered me to save her-I have no choice but to do just that.

"That won't be happening." I pounced at them; a bullet lodged itself in my bicep but I ignored it. My hand grasped onto one of their guns, colliding my fist with the man's head. He released the gun and I quickly shot him point blank in the head.

Axel was quick to shoot the distracted man who held Francesca. The bullet went through his wrist and through his skull. I raised my gun and shot the third man who tried running. Francesca made a run for it before I could even blink. Walking back to Gianna, I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the church. Men and women ran to their cars, screaming and crying, covered in blood. My black corvette waited in front of the church, we urged Gianna inside quickly, Axel stayed outside and shot anyone coming toward us while I got into the driver's seat. When the engine came on, he jumped into the passenger seat, grabbing a machine gun out from the back. He loaded it as I sped off.