𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐍𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

"She found home between his arms"

GIANNA ROSE
"Mommy!" Sofia ran into my arms once I stepped out of the SUV. I finally let out the rest of the tears I held. My tears were for Sofia, Lev, Raphael, Lorenzo, my mother, and me. Too much bloodshed, too much war, too much tragedy in our lives, no one actually wins in a war-because in the end we still suffer loss. So, yes, I cried for them, I cried for me, I cried because we are all tired and I didn't know who would leave me next when this goes to the next step.

Rowan was right, we won't wait for any longer after this. I am going to marry the love of my life so if anything happens to us-at least we accomplished the one thing we have wanted since we met. "You have blood on your dress," Sofia pointed out. I hadn't realized that she pulled back and saw me, it fascinated me and broke me that she wasn't bothered by the sight of blood. She was growing up, she knew what we were going through right now and still, she didn't fight us on it.

I went to respond when a hand on my shoulder silenced me. "I have a spare dress you can wear for the ceremony, although you look good in blood-I don't think you want to continue to soak in the blood of a person you cared about. My eyes met her blue ones, there was no pity in them, there was just-softness. I nodded and allowed her to take my hand, Rowan caught my eye from afar, he gave me a small smile as I left with Scarlet.

Octavia held Sofia's hand as they followed. That's when I finally saw the large house in front of me. It was a large modern house with a white, black, grey, and brown exterior. The windows were large like the city ones, with metal railings lining the front porch, and the inside was decorated with dark furniture and décor. They led me upstairs; I counted four bedrooms throughout the entire house.

We entered a large master bedroom, the bed was a huge king-size, with a perfect view of the ocean, and a large bathroom. Scarlet laid down a silky red dress that reached the floor with thin straps to hold the neckline. "You will look beautiful in this, that's why I bought it," she smiled at me. Why was she being so nice?

"Whose house is this?" Octavia and Scarlet looked at each other briefly.

"It's ours." I jolted around toward the voice, Rowan leaned against the doorframe of the room with his arms crossed. My heart beat a little faster at his words. "There are five bedrooms, one for us, one for Sofia, one for a possible second child, and one for Dante since he has always had a place with us. There is a lot of green land beyond the beach for your plants and if you want to own some animals, then you can own them. Then, of course, the beach-it's not our original beach but we will still make this place special, just for us."

I was left speechless as he walked up to me and pecked my parted lips. "Get dressed, while everyone else gets ready, and when I see you next-we will be standing in front of the priest, saying our I do's." With that, he left the room, shutting the door. And still, I was speechless, he has come to me with so much and it all just... shocked me.