𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕 | 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐔𝐏

"Nobody is coming to save you

Get up"

ROWAN STARKOV
Seventeen hours. I've been locked in this cage for that long and in that time, Valentine tortured me-badly. My wounds still burned from the salt, blood dripped on the floor, and my consciousness was going in and out from lack of hydration and blood loss. This was all because I fucked up one mission-again-I won't do it again. I couldn't.

My limbs still shook from fear and pain-usually, I could block both of those parts but Valentine didn't just beat me for my fuck-up. Angelina had done something. Something that made him furious. I didn't know what she did but it had something to do with Axel-Valentine kept muttering words and curses so I got a little bit of information.

I expected to stay here for a while. Part of me wanted to run straight into Gianna's arms, cradling her pregnant belly, and whisper sweet nothings to my unborn daughter. A daughter is what I hope for, at least. Gianna has a feeling it could be a girl but we want to wait till her birth to know. They were my happy place right now. My peace.

Even with aching limbs, broken bones split wounds, and a shattered soul I found myself smiling at the thought of them. I won't be coming back for a while, little bird. Not like this.

My head pounded with pressure and my limbs turned numb-yet I was still shaking and twitching. I was about to shut down. The weight pulled at my eyes.

And just when I thought I was about to go unconscious, someone stepped in front of me. It was a girl with long dark hair and hazel green eyes. She smiled down at me, bending at the waist and tilting her head to the side. "Get up, daddy, play with me," she said in a small voice.

The sound of my heart beating became louder and louder. It was so slow-was I dying?

The girl got on her knees next to my limp body. "You have to get up and play with me," the girl whined, pulling at my arm. She finally sighed when I didn't budge and laid next to me on the floor, looking at me with a pouty look. "Daddy, you're no fun."

"Who are you?" My voice was weak and shaky. Something was so familiar about the little girl's eyes, they looked like mine-and she called me, daddy.

"I'm Sofia, your daughter, silly," the little girl giggled. God, I was so confused. Because from what I knew, she should have been in Gianna's belly-she was due in three months. "Mommy misses you, she's worried and needs you."

The sound of my breathing echoed in my head. Sofia leaned forward and kissed the tip of my nose before getting up and skipping away. She disappeared faster than I could blink, I called out to her, and reached for her.

And then I gasped awake, my breathing was rapid and the soft sheets bundled at my waist. "Baby, what's wrong?" I looked beside me at Gianna who sat up, leaning against my shoulder. My eyes flickered down to her pregnant belly, big and round.

I didn't respond to her as I laid back down on her chest, my hand moving over her belly. She kissed my head and curled my hair around her fingers. "Little bird?" She hummed in question. "If the baby is a girl, can we name her Sofia?"

"I like that, why Sofia though?" The baby kicked under my hand when I pressed down on her stomach lightly. I only shrugged and traced the lump where the baby stuck her foot out. "Well, Sofia it is-go to sleep, baby, we're right here."

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •