Chapter 39 - The Scheme

Dog worriedly paced the cell room as his mind raced. Back and forth he went from one wall to another in his crouched position as his fingers fumbled with the hoods of his clothing.

    His eyes glanced at the unconscious woman laying in the dingy bed every so often. He hoped she would wake up soon. It's been a full 24 hours and she hasn't woken up since her meeting with Zankoku. Yama said that she was doing alright so far but Dog couldn't help but worry if there was something wrong that the doctor couldn't detect.

     The door to the cell began to creak open making Dog cease his pacing. Yama opened the cell door and went straight to (Y/N)'s bed, followed by Ki and Akai who both had a furious and impatient look on their faces. Yama had a similar face too but he was more concerned-filled than the other two.

     They've been like that since Ki told them everything about Zankoku's plan.

"There's a basement we can use to do the operations. No one goes down there besides two or three lackeys." Akai reported with a hushed voice. He's been doing some searching around to find a quiet place for Yama to remove their holds in.

     Yama set his bag down by the bed and took a glove off to feel the woman's forehead. She was starting to cool off and looked more rested which was good. He tilted his head towards his brother without taking his eyes off his patient. "You'll need to get rid of them then. We can't have anyone knowing besides us."

     Ki leaned against the wall and watched his love's slow breathing. She still hasn't awakened.

     Yama stepped away from the bed and turned to face the demons. He crossed his arms but used a hand to stroke his chin in a thinking gesture. "We'll need a well executed plan before jumping into it. Everything is stacked against us so we'll have to be extra precautious."

"Then what's your big idea?" Akai grunted. "Cause' we only have two days left before Mr. King Fucker tries to turn (Y/N) into some weapon!"

     Dog felt his heart jump from being reminded of that. If Zankoku turns (Y/N) he'll just use her to grow his army. He'll work her to the point of death but not allow her to die. The same way he did him. That's no way to live...

     The doctor gritted his teeth as he thought. They're dealing with an insane and powerful demon. They have to be smart about this if they were all to get out of here.

"It'll be smart to work on Dog first before the three scouts." He muttered.

"Dog?!" Akai hissed before glaring at the mutt who coward away but also seemed surprised by this.

     Yama nodded. "Getting Dog out the way first would be the most strategic. He can watch over (Y/N) in the cell and give us updates on Zankoku's movements. Bis will be second so they can be up and ready to go to Zankoku if he calls for the scouts. You two being absent wouldn't be as suspicious as Bis' disappearance."

"Agree." Ki muttered. He and Akai are always missing Zankoku's meetings due to how much work the King gives them. It's better to do them last to get Dog and Bis out the way first. Dog being just a lackey but of great use to them and Bis being someone who is always at attention to Zankoku so it would be strange for them to be gone.

"And after all the holds are removed, then what? We just grab (Y/N) and leave?" Akai questioned.

     Yama shook his head. "It won't be that simple. Us demons can leave without the King noticing what we did, no problem. But (Y/N) is now a priority to him. He won't let us just walk out with her."

     They all stopped their discussion once they heard shuffling coming from the bed.

     The demons all looked to see (Y/N) moving in her sleep. Her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth grimaced before relaxing again. Her chained hand moved from her side to her head and rested over her blindfolded eyes while the other rested on her chest. Other than that, she didn't awaken.