forty one

As I glanced at the girl in my arms, an odd sense of relief warmed my chest

As I glanced at the girl in my arms, an odd sense of relief warmed my chest. How much I had missed her. 

I don't know what web she's caught up in, but now, we will walk through it together. 

"A, I am very sleepy." She mumbled as she shifted in my arms, her voice muffled from the fabric of my shirt. I hummed at her angelic voice.

A bloody mess, it was a bloody mess today. 

But somewhere, I enjoyed her insanity. Her craving for blood, her desire to kill them one by one, it was ravishing. 

Her serene face contrasted with hers when she was mercilessly killing them one by one. 

As I entered her room, I turned on the lights and gently placed her on the bed. She whined in her sleepy state, "Nooo. Don't leave me." Her nose scrunched up, making her look even more adorable. A small smile crept up my face as I observed her delicate features. 

Was she sculpted by the angels?

"I am not going anywhere." I whisper to her, unwilling to disturb the quietness in the air. "Hold up Rosie." I set her on the bed and turned off all the lights of the room, except a small night light. I opened her closet and looked at the shelves. My eyes found a grey t-shirt that was too familiar.  It was mine. 

Right behind it was another button shirt. It was made of a soft material so I decided to take both to let her pick the comfort.

I picked them and softly closed the closet, careful of making any sound. She already had her shorts on.

Gently, I lifted her on the bed to be able to change her clothes and sat in front of her. She needed to switch from the hospital gown. It was covered in blood on her shoulder area and some gel. 

"Sweetheart, can I help you change?" I muttered, seeking for permission. Her hazel eyes slightly opened and she nodded, "Yes please." 

The gown was a front close one, so I didn't have to worry much about her shoulder. I undid the titch buttons, holding her sleepy body with my arm. 

She jiggled in my hold and flopped her body on mine, putting her head on my shoulder, hugging me sleepily. I supported her weight and guided her out of her hospital gown. Shit, her back was covered with little splotches of blood. Her pale skin had spots of red splattered on her. 

"Fuck, darling. I will have to clean you up." I murmured under my breath. I couldn't see her shoulder as she had rested her body on mine. I am sure it would be worse. 

"Rosie, can you hold on to me?" I guided her into my arms. I should take her to the bathroom to clean up. 

 "No, I just want to sleep." She whined. "Do later." She muttered in the crook of my neck, her soft lips brushing against my skin. 

I pretended to ignore the goosebumps on my skin and asked, "Okay, but wear this t-shirt." I ran my fingers through her hair, untangling her black strands. "Nooo!" She cried lightly. 

I conceded and gently pulled away from the hug. I kept my eyes to her face, away from her body. She was sleepy right now. 

I somehow fixed her into the button shirt. I had already ripped one of its sleeves to be able to work with her injured shoulder.

 I couldn't let her hair open, her shoulder needed to be taken care of. I braided her hair into a loose braid.

Laying on the bed, I entered her bathroom. It had been a rough day today. 

I stripped off my clothes and washed my face. Cleaning off my body,I slipped in boxer shorts I found in her drawer. Wearing nothing on my torso, I wiped off my body with some water and a clean towel. 

On the bathroom counter, I saw her vanilla scent. God, how much I had missed my Rosie. I have used five such bottles in the last two years. It reminded me of her. Amidst training, it kept me close to her feeling. 

I sprayed some of it on the inner side of my wrists.

"Azrael!" Rosie cried in her sleep, barely conscious. Slowly, she opened both her eyes as I entered back in the room. "Come here." She looked at me with drowsy eyes. 

She looked beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. 

I climbed on the bed and naturally, she scooted over to one side. I slipped in the covers and breathed a sigh of relief as her vanilla scent filled through my nose.

A comfortable silence hung in the air. Her body shifted closer to mine and I opened my arms for her to cuddle with me. She rolled in my arms and rested her head on my chest. Her cheek came in contact with my bare chest making me shiver slightly. Positioning her head right over my heart, she looked up at me with those pretty eyes. 

"A?" She whispered to me. I hummed at her as I ran my fingers through her rich black hair. "I love you." She looked directly in my eyes. My heart started beating faster. 

It was natural for us to say this to each other so why did it feel so different right now? 

My hands grew clammy as I waited for something, but I don't know what. 

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" She looked at me concerned. "Are you fine, A?" She frowned at me. 

I gained my voice and cleared my throat. "It's nothing." I assured her, or myself?

Her eyes grew heavy and she whispered again, "I love you so much, A." She pressed a kiss on my left pec. Her arms tightened around me. I reciprocated automatically.

"I love you too, much more than you know, Rosie." I whispered to her, pressing a kiss on her head. 

She breathed a sigh on my skin and rested her hand on my abs. Her fingernails traced my muscles and I felt her smile on me. Her touch rose goosebumps on my skin. I ignored any further thoughts and hugged her tighter.

"Sleep, my love." I smiled at her serene face as she fell into a deep slumber. 

With her in my arms, we could even win hell. 

Hello!!

Thank u so much for reading!

Did you like this chapter?

They are best friends. *as if*

But we don't know what's about to happen.

If you haven't yet, then go check out my other book- His Sanity. 

If you are into reverse-harems (clean and soft) then comment here. I am looking for someone who'd like to preview the rh book I am working on. 

Love you all!

~Nya