𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. the beginning of good mental health days

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
( THE BEGINNING OF GOOD MENTAL
HEALTH DAYS ) *:・゚

         NICK AND CHRIS stormed up the stairs to Matt's bedroom. What was he thinking? They understand that seeing Amy might be a sensitive thing for him, but they're best friends. And they have been for many years. And sure, she's only going to be gone for a couple of months, but this was supposed to be both Matt and Amy's chance to finally talk. To talk one on one and genuinely speak their minds. How could Matt not show up to say goodbye to her?

          "Matt!" Nick yelled, approaching his room.

          Chris took the liberty of opening the door. Music was faintly heard from Matt's room. It was all too familiar with Nick, but he couldn't quite place what it was. Matt was laying on his bed and once the door opened, he immediately questioned, "What are you guys doing in my room?"

          "What are you doing in your room?" Chris asked.

         "Amy was waiting for you outside. She was literally gonna miss her flight because she needed to talk to you in person." Nick informed him.

          "What, so she can tell me that she doesn't wanna ruin our friendship? That I'm a great guy, but I'm just not for her? She texted me saying that she's terrified that we'll end up like her parents in the future." He stated. "I don't want to make her feel like that. That sucks."

          Chris sighed, "So you plan to avoid her for the rest of your life? Just so you can get rid of your feelings for her and then continue to be just friends? You've been in love with her for years, what makes you think you're gonna be able to get rid of that?"

          "Well, she's not in love with me, so. . ." Matt shrugged.

           Nick groaned in frustration, "Oh, you idiot. Yes, she is! I had this whole conversation about it with her. She doesn't want to admit it, but she is. She just wants your reassurance that neither one of you are going anywhere. So basically, if you had showed up five minutes ago and admitted you're in love with her again, she'd properly admit her feelings too."

           "This is why Nick is the smartest one out of all of us." Chris commented. "Just text her, Matt!"

          Nick shook his head and turned to Chris, "No, 'cause Amy doesn't like to be on her phone when she's in the airport or plane."

          "Yeah, but the plane is just an hour and a half trip to New York from here." Chris told. "Matt can wait an hour."

         Nick gasped and put his hand to his mouth, "What if we go to the airport? A big romcom moment."

          "Yes!" Chris agreed. "She left, like, 10 minutes ago. We can still catch her."

          "What? No. I'm not ruining her flight. And when I admit my feelings again to her, I'd want it to be just us. I don't want her mom to watch us, or random strangers overhearing. And besides, I think we need some time apart because these past couple of months we've just been stressing each other out." Matt explained, "I think we could both use some good mental health days before we're together again."

"C'mon, are you serious? You're literally depressed right now because you haven't seen her in weeks. She's gonna be gone the entire summer, I don't think that's gonna be good for your mental health." Chris said.

"I'll manage. If you guys are right about Amy being in love with me, then this shouldn't be a problem. I'm doing this for us. We need to be in the right headspace when we see each other, which is why we need a break." Matt told them.

"Okay, fine. But this time, you better fucking see her the second she steps foot in Boston. I want you to be the one to pick her up from the airport when she comes back and I want the two of you to spend that whole day together. Promise me you'll do that or else I'm actually gonna hit you." Nick threatened.

"Yeah, okay, I promise." Matt said.

"We're gonna be getting breakfast with Jasmine and Spencer. Do you wanna join us?" Chris asked him.

Matt glanced down to his laptop in front of him and then back at his brothers, "Sure. Can you give me, like, ten minutes?"

The two nodded and left his room and closed the door. Nick stayed behind, placing his ear close to the door. "What are you doing?" Chris asked him. Nick immediately shushed him.

"He's watching something. I heard music come from his laptop earlier." Nick said before listening closely. The song he was listening to sounded so familiar. The more Nick listened to the voices, he finally realized what it was. He tried to gasp as quietly as he could.

"What?" Chris inquired.

Nick opened the door instantly, making Matt jump. "You're watching Pitch Perfect! What the fuck, you're actually watching it! I can hear the final song!"

Both Nick and Chris start laughing. Matt brings his hand to cover his eyes in embarrassment. "Yes, I'm watching Pitch Perfect! Shut up! It reminds me of Amy and it actually is kinda good. Leave me alone and leave my room! I'll meet you guys downstairs."

His brothers are still chuckling at the situation as they actually leave the room this time. They meet up with Jasmine and Spencer in the yard and tell them all about it as they waited for Matt to finish the movie. Afterwards, the group went to a diner and made sure to remind Matt every chance they got to see Amy the second she's in Boston.

ANGIE'S NOTES☺︎
ik a lot of you wanted an airport chase and
declaration of love chapter im sorry😞😞
hopefully you guys like what i originally
have planned for matt and amy🤭
if things make no sense, i'm sorry bc i'm
running on 4 hours of sleep🤗

and some of you guys might be mad at me
for the next chapter bc the next chapter is
a time skip lol 😀
so if ur not into time skips i'm sorry, it's just
for the sake of the story

also, i changed the cover for this ff🥲
gonna miss the og cover with the newspaper
and all green background that i made bc i
didn't know what to do for the cover 😞😞
🫡
rip march 2022 — june 2022💔

with everything being said, i hope you guys
have some good mental health days of your
own and have an amazing day!!!! love u all
sm 🤍🤍🤍!