Ch 560: Higashi's Medical Scene

"I did not expect that we would finish that fast," Grani said.

The group was outside of the building when they finished their meeting.

"I thought it would take longer than that," Grani sighed, "All the novels I read made meetings sound like something that took a long time."

"Well, reality differs greatly from fiction," Lin Ye hummed, "We were lucky that the prince was interested in working with us. If not, we would be there longer."

"True," Grani nodded.

"So?" FEater glanced at him, "Are we going to the library again?"

"Seems so," Lin Ye nodded, "I need to discuss something with Warfarin. That prince... Something about him bothered me."

What Lin Ye said was the truth. Lin Ye thought Hayate was not as good as he thought. Something seemed off about the prince. He was hiding something. Lin Ye just did not know what.

Although Warfarin was... herself, she still lived a longer life than him, making her a much better judge of people. Maybe talking to her might help him understand why he thought Hayate was hiding something from him.

"I feel you are overthinking this," FEater tilted her head and said to him, "He was the prince of the dignified country of Higashi. He should be someone trustworthy."

After glancing at FEater, Lin Ye looked at Nian and rubbed her head. When he was done pampering her and Nian enjoying herself, he looked back at FEater.

"True," He smirked, "It was that the way the prince talked sounded like you."

"Sounded like me?" FEater arched his brow, "What do you mean?"

"When we lie at the temple," He chuckled, "The prince sounded just like that."

FEater's eyes widened.

"Let's go to the library," Before FEater could say anything, Lin Ye ushered the group, "Move along. It's just around the corner."

With that, the group walked to their next destination. Only FEater was frozen in place. Seeing that she left, FEater ran to the group. FEater went to Lin Ye, who was in front.

"Hey," FEater called him, "Does your company have a cure for Oriphaty?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Lin Ye glanced at her, "There is still no known cure for that. Slowing the effects on one's body is the best way to deal with Orpithay. "

When Lin Ye said this, he could visibly see the hope on FEater's face evaporated. She looked away from him and nodded.

Lin Ye noticed how strange she was acting. He guessed why this was so. He kept that thought to himself though. She had her privacy. If she wants to tell him something, Lin Ye likes to hear that when she was comfortable.

So they carried on with their walk to the library.

After walking for a while with nothing happening, they arrived. Lin Ye told the group that would be the only one going in. The other went to the cafe.

He walked into the library and found Warfarin. Not that hard to find her. Warfarin was at the same table they sat at yesterday. That and the table that she was sitting at had mountains of books stacking with each other. So he made his way to her.

Lin Ye called Warfarin, "Warfarin."

She did not look up but nodded at him.

"So?" He hummed, "Found anything interesting?"