𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗 | 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

"Perhaps it is the greatest grief, after all, to be left on this Earth when the other is gone

"Perhaps it is the greatest grief, after all, to be left on this Earth when the other is gone."

ROWAN STARKOV
I wiped Lorenzo's blood off my hands and followed the faint screams I heard; they were painful and familiar. The halls felt emptier, and the gunshots and yelling went down which was because of the others who were fighting off people somewhere else in the mansion.

The smoke was thick, and the place began to smell like gunpowder. It was a fucking warzone in here and I had no idea where my wife was. But as I got closer and closer to the sound of screams and cries, I slowly got closer and closer to their location.

I turned a corner and ran into the devil himself with an expression as cold as ever.

"Valentine."

GIANNA STARKOV
"No, I can't, are you crazy, you'll die," Angelina whispered.

"I'm too weak and the baby is breached, if you don't do it, we both die." I leaned over and pulled out a blade from underneath the mattress and slipped it into Angelina's hand. "I'll be okay."

She shook her head, tears streaming down her face. I laid on my back and pulled Sofia to lie on my chest. "Mommy, what's going on?" She whispered, looking up at me with those hazel eyes I love so much.

"I love you, my little princess, more than the sun and moon, more than the distance of the stars." A tear slid down the side of my face as I looked up at the dark ceiling and ran my thumb up and down my daughter's cheek. Angelina held in her cries and pressed a shaky hand to my belly before I felt the sharp point of the blade press against my skin.

"I love you too," Sofia croaked through tears.

I rolled my head to the side to look at Sofia, smiling through the burning pain. "Love this baby, protect your sibling, make sure your father lives... I am so sorry for anything that comes after this." A scream rips out of me when the blade digs deeper into my skin.

My arms hold Sofia tighter as she begins to sob in my arms. The pain got worse and worse, and my screams became louder and louder until I had nothing left to give. There was no more pain, my senses turned into one big haze.

Piercing screams echoed through the room and when I looked down, Sofia was no longer in my arms, but a baby boy.

"Mamma, wake up, please, wake up!"

ROWAN STARKOV
My back slammed against the wall, and my bullet wound bled quickly at my side, but I ignored it and made a swift move to crouch down and loop my arm around his leg. I flipped Valentine over my shoulder, slamming his body onto the ground and pinned him with a boot to his neck.

"You won't get out of here alive, none of you will," he choked.

"Yeah, and what makes you say that because by the looks of it, we're doing pretty damn good."

Valentine opened his mouth to speak but before he could even choke out another word, a bang sounded close to me and blood-drenched me. I jerked back, breathing harshly at the site in front of me.

Valentine was shot.

In the head.

By Luka.

Footsteps rushed over to me, hands gripping my biceps and pulling me up as I kept my eyes on Luka. He stared down at his father with a cold look, wiping the blood off his gun with a silky red handkerchief.

Axel came into my view along with Dante and Scarlet. "Luka, what the hell-"

"There's a nuke right under place ready to explode in about ten minutes, we can't waste time so let's go!" He ordered. I rushed over to the door where the screams came from, they had stopped minutes ago.

The door led us down a flight of stairs and to a metal door that was electronically sealed. "Move." Scarlet pushed me out of the way and shot the keypad approximately five times before the door clicked open.

I could feel my heartbeat in my ears as I pushed open the door and stepped inside. Nothing felt real at that moment I stared at my wife's dead gaze. The cries around me were muffled by my own consciousness and I couldn't even comprehend what was going on when my daughter's small body slammed into mine, seeking some sort of comfort.

"Gianna..." I repeatedly muttered under my breath, dropping to my knees next to her. Sofia kept her arms around me and cried but all I was focused on was my wife. My wife, who is lying here dead.

I didn't know I was crying until a painful scream ripped out of my chest. My hands shook around her face and my tears kissed her pale skin. Her brown eyes didn't hold that same love and warmth they always had in them, they were void-dead.

"We need to go, there's not much time left!"

I shook my head and attempted to slip my arms under her to pick her up, but I was ripped off her. "No, no, no, I'm not leaving my fucking wife!" I tried crawling back to her, but my body was hit with a sob that weakened my entire body.

Nothing was real anymore-at least, that's how it felt.

I gripped my hair and just screamed, and when I couldn't grip my hair anymore, I punched the stone ground over and over until I was pulled away again. Not by any force but I cry, one from a baby.

Then I saw it, Angelina Rose Rostov holding our baby.

The tears didn't slow when I stood on shaky legs and held him in my arms. The sick feeling in my gut never stopped digging deeper when I followed the others out of the cell, taking one last glance at Gianna.

"I will see you again... little bird."

The second we were a good distance away from the mansion, the explosion set off. I didn't look back, I didn't cry, I didn't scream or yell. I fell to my knees, holding my baby and my daughter in my arms. Everyone stood around me and just stared, no words were spoken by anyone. Even when Leonid stepped out of his vehicle and Silas and Octavia ran towards us away from their helicopter.

We all took a moment of silence.

Pure fucking silence.

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •

EPILOGUE COMING SOON...