The Seawitch's Regret (11)

An Almost Kiss of Abyssal

There are always moments in life you sigh and curse out the name of the sea depths and think how could it all come to this.

Now you're afraid of yourself or rather what you'd become, full of angst and betrayal that any emotion getting the best of you could destroy yourself and everything you made yourself to be.

So you laugh at the world with a sadistic smile on your face believing you're a danger to all.

Now more than ever, you sigh wondering what would happen if all those feelings of despair took over?

Rather than moving on, preventing a tragedy you are wishing for something you can't have and that's why you desire it more.

Because those of the sea always yearns what they can't have...

~~~

A day passed by like it was nothing.
I stood there looking at me, looking at myself out of the majestic orb that the elders are in charge of.

Of course I did nothing too drastic, just looked at the probability when Levy could arrive.

It was all day.

That was the likelihood which wasn't helpful at all.

The abyss.

I sighed, it was then a voice spoke.

"They say what matters most isn't seen until it's too late."

I turned sharply, I couldn't help but gasp in a questionable manner, "What?"

"Or so they say," a different voice stated next to it.

The wiser elders were here.

I looked over and saw a smile almost, yes that's right it was a small, grim smile.

"They say they never know what they truly do have until all is gone, much long too late," The first elder spoke in riddles again.

I sighed, they were messing with me speaking in some wise prophecy code nonsense.

The ocean's abyss!

"I'm sorry, are you messing with me because I have no idea what you are talking about." I shook my head and swam over to them shamelessly.

"Of they don't understand because it is they who do never understand what they have until all is gone!" The elder cried out in response, almost in an uproar to my response.

It angered them.

I wasn't trying to, really.

I began to turn away just to leave, but it was this time their words rubbed me the wrong way, "Those of the seas who sought the world above shall never succeed.  They who came from the sea cannot walk but a distance for they of the sea was never meant to leave."

The great abyss, oh my head it hurts with all these riddles.

But those lasting words bothered me somehow and I didn't like it nor knew why.

And I didn't like it at all, not one bit.

~~~

"Now what might yer be doing here," I heard a voice exclaim over by the cave opening.  The voice seem quite annoyed frankly, but it is their time to pay their dues and be on guard "I scream, I sigh, I faint, but none works.  Yer one fearless mer princess of the seas, so shoo and never return we won't have us be accused of kidnapping another mer of the haughty king of mers."

That was when I widen my eyes it was Levy.

I could help her, but do I want her here?

No, but I can't just leave her alone like this.