Two Sided [chapter 35]

As Spider-man arrived in the vents that gave him a clear view of the lobby, his eyes were immediately brought to the entrance. Six people entered. Two of which he was looking for; four of which he was about ready to murder.

"Found you," Peter mumbled. "Looks like our little game of hide and seek is over."

The girl's eyes widened, but she didn't say or do anything to attract attention. Peter would've told her to do so if he thought that was the best plan of action. But in his opinion, it wasn't, so she'd just wait until further orders.

Peter pressed his fingers to his temples, coming up with a quick plan. He took in a deep breath and let out a shaky exhale, nodding his head in determination when he came up with something. He started backing up into the vent and heading the same way he came from when he saw them head over to the elevator. Peter only turned when he saw the elevator doors open and the group of six disappear inside.

"Hey, Sunshine," Peter mumbled. "I'm gonna need you to tell me what floor you end up on when you get off... or keep me updated on your ride up. Either works."

There was silence on both ends for a good few seconds. Then the girl started to breathe out in heavy puffs of air. But they were in intervals. One heavy breath for every floor she went up. Luckily, after the second one, Peter was able to quickly pick up on what she was doing. So with each breath, he went up a level through the dusty vents.

He'd need to wash his costume a bunch after this whole thing was done.

The breaths only came 15 times. They were on the 15th floor. You know, the same floor King Pin's office was on.

How convenient.

He tracked them in the halls through the vents. There were moments where he couldn't see them momentarily, but he was always able to keep his eyes on them just a few seconds after. Peter only briefly lost them when he was passing by a wall.

When he saw them go into a room, Peter knew he was absolutely screwed. Out of all the other offices they could've went in, of all the doors on that floor, they just had to choose that one...?

After the door closed and Peter no longer had sight of them, the guys finally let go of the girl and Flash. They pushed them into the room, not caring that they were interrupting the meeting between the boss and his best workers. But it was fine. Pin had ordered for them to bring in the two no matter the circumstances.

Flash and y/n were the #1 priority. They gave Pin leverage over Peter.

As the guys pushed Flash and y/n into the room, they stumbled with a few grumbled curses. The two first brought their eyes up to the large guy who sat behind a fancy office desk with his hands neatly folded together atop it. He had a stern look on his face; one that matched very well with his abnormally large body and the dangerous vibe it gave off.

They were sitting face to face with King Pin.

Flash didn't look away from the drug lord. He kept deadly eye contact, a mean look plastered across his face. Despite the teenager's threatening glare, King Pin smiled. It was a smile of pure bliss. He'd finally gotten his hands on Spider-man's weakness.

Well, not completely. He still had yet to capture Peter Parker's aunt, but that wasn't much of a concern to him. Not when he already had two of the three people he wanted.

Instead of staring at the crime boss's scary smile, the girl let her eyes wander around the room. Spider-man was traveling through the vents, so she looked around for a vent. She was easily able to spot one upon taking a quick sweep of the room. Her eyes lingered for a second before she brought them down towards the floor. But right before they managed to land on their target, they found themselves staring in shock at two particular people.