Chapter 18

"How could you be so careless!" My father scolds me. "Jungkook got the kids. What kind of security do you have running here! Do you know what he's going to do now? He's going to use this against us."

I sit still trying to calm my internal panic. I don't need this from him right now. It's 3AM and everyone had gathered at my home office after they heard what had happened. The entrance guards were beaten, while the security room was completely wiped out and left no surveillance cameras for me to see what had occurred.

"This is where you as Don has to let those kids go," he looks down at me.

"WHAT!" I jolt up to face him. "There is no way!"

"Appa, this is crossing the line," Ken finally speaks. "They may not be your real grandkids but they're my real nephews. I will not let anything happen to them. Y/n and I will get them back before Jungkook can do anything."

"Appa..." I say calmly, almost in tears. "They're my kids. I will do anything in my power to get them back safe."

He takes a moment and searches my eyes. "And if Jungkook orders you to come back to him and to step down as Don, in exchange for your kids would you do it?"

"Of course, they're my ki—"

He raises his hand about to slap me but turns into a fist. Immediately Ken steps beside me, holding onto my hand, letting me know that he's on my side and is here to protect me.

Appa manages his anger as his face softens and finally calms down. "I'm sorry y/n. Please forgive me. Just get this dealt with. I'll do my part but make sure you think wisely. I can not afford any more mistakes."

He walks out my home office and his guards follow behind him.

"Sorry about appa," Ken's says with concern in his eyes. "I'll do everything I can to have the kids back y/n. I love them just as if they were my own. I'll protect them with all my power and even you, y/n."

***

***