16.

Atlanta, Georgia
_________________________________

It was Christmas Eve and Mai had just finished decorating her four foot Christmas tree she got for her apartment from Walmart. Christmas was her favorite Holiday. It had been a week or two since the major brawl between her, Malaysia, Deedra, and Anasia. Her and her sister were contempt. Mai didn't want to be involved in anymore fights.

She hadn't talked to Meech since that day. He didn't even bother to text her phone because he knew she wasn't going to respond. Mai didn't care. She was enjoying time with Lakinna and was happy to see she passed all her finals with As. Lakinna passed hers with all As as well. The two were studying almost everyday that led up to finals while Mai caught her up on the messy situation.

Mai headed over to her kitchen wearing her Christmas onesie was Pink that was plaid and had buttons on the butt. Her hair was laid in a burgundy bob for the Holidays. Grabbing her M mug, she quickly made herself some hot chocolate before watching Eloise at the Plaza, one of her favorite movies.

As she just finished up and headed over to her couch to place her mug on her small wooden coffee table, she heard a knock on her door. She was confused because she wasn't expecting anybody. Lakinna went back to New York for the break to spend time with her family and Malaysia went home since they weren't allowed to spend Holidays in her dorm. Mai thanked the lord she had an off-campus apartment.

She headed over to the door and opened it to Meech holding many gift bags. It was snowing outside in Atlanta since it was 32°. She could see the small snow-flakes on his black Canada Goose coat.

"What do you want?" Mai rolled her eyes looking over him and the gifts. Meech ignored her and brushed past her, heading into the apartment. He looked around, noticing her Christmas decorations. There were yellow fairy lights around the entire living room, a small Christmas tree decorated with silver and white bulbs, and he could smell the Holiday scented candles. Mai even had a couple of Christmas throw pillows on her couch along with some Christmas knick-knacks around the area.

"Christmas must be yo' favorite Holiday, huh?" Meech ignored her question and chuckled as he sat down the gifts near her tree and took off his Canada Goose coat, hanging it on the corner of her bedroom door.

"Can you not hear? I asked what do you want?" She rolled her eyes, closing the door and looking over the gifts, "I don't want any of that shit."

"Stop actin' like that and open the gifts I got you, Mai." Meech shook his head and took a seat on her couch.

"I don't want any of your gifts, Demetrius. You've put me through so much drama for the past two and a half months. We're not even together."

"I understand exactly where you comin' from, Mai." Meech licked over his lips. He genuinely came over to apologize to her, "I apologize for puttin' you through everything. You and your sister didn't deserve any of that shit." Although Meech was genuinely sorry, he wasn't going to apologize for messing with Deedra and Mai at the same time. He's a single man.

Mai nodded her head, staring at Meech before he spoke up again, "Open yo' gifts, baby." Mai rolled her eyes and walked over to the many gifts that were now overflowing the tree. She sat down and opened the first one which was a black Canada Goose Bomber coat.

"I ain't keeping this. It's too expensive." She looked over the coat and knew they went for damn near a band. Mai wasn't going to accept such an expensive gift from him.

"You worried about the wrong thing. I got it for you." Meech licked over his lips as he watched her cheeks blush red. She then moved on to the next gift which was Diamond cut chain that had her name on it along with a Cartier bracelet and studded diamond earrings. Meech enjoyed splurging with expensive gifts. He had so much money that he liked to give back to others. That's how he's always been.

Mai was in shock at the gifts but continued onto the rest of the gifts which consisted of designer shoes and a two designer purses. She looked over at the other gifts that read Malaysia.

She pouted a little before standing up and running over to the couch to hug him. Although she was still mad at him, she was very appreciative. No one has ever spent this much money on her and she was more than happy.

"You makin' me feel bad because I damn sure ain't get you a gift." Mai said as she parted away from the hug and sat next to him on the couch. Getting him a gift didn't even cross his mind, "And I'll make sure to give Malaysia her gifts tomorrow."

"It's not about receiving, it's about giving and I wanted to get you everything I got you." Meech shrugged, "What's your plans for tomorrow?"

"I'm going over my Moms to celebrate Christmas with my siblings around eight in the morning." Mai's house was too crowded for her to spend the night. She enjoyed having her own space and was going to take full advantage of it. Her moms house only had two bedrooms, a bedroom for her Mom and a bedroom for Marquette and Maleek. When Mai and Malaysia would stay over occasionally, they'd sleep in the basement on the pull-out couch.

"Aight, we going over my Moms around twelve." He stood up, walking over to the door to grab his coat.

"I ain't going." Mai scrunched up her face.

"I already told her I'm bringing you. Send me your address and I'll pick you up." Meech put on his coat and headed out of the door without saying another word. Mai shook her head feeling defeated as she turned on her movie and sipped on her hot chocolate to end her night.

~

Mai walked through the door of her mother's house seeing that the house was fully decorated. From the stairs, to the wall, to the beautiful eight foot Christmas tree that stood in the corner of their living room. The tree had many gifts under it and she honestly didn't believe how her mother did it. Mai quickly put the gifts she bought under the tree along with the gifts Meech got Malaysia.

As she about to take a seat on the couch, her mother came walking down the steps carrying Maleek and holding Marquette's hand.

"Santa came!" Maleek yelled as Racquel put him down on his feet and he ran over to the Christmas tree with big eyes seeing all of the gifts.

"Santa ain't—"

"Boy don't you make me shove my fist down your throat." Racquel quickly cut Marqutte off before walking over to Mai and hugging her, "Merry Christmas, baby. Leek, say something to your sister."

"Mai, did you see Santa?" Maleek turned and looked at his big sister.

"No I did not." Mai laughed a little as Racquel rolled her eyes playfully. She meant for her son to greet his big sister. After about three minutes, Malaysia dragged up the stairs from the basement seeing her family gathering around the Christmas tree.

"Merry Christmas everybody." She said before sitting next to Mai. Everyone said Merry Christmas and began ripping into their gifts.

Maleek received some toys, clothes, and shoes from "Santa." He was very satisfied and eager for Mai to open up his toys. Marquette received a Nintendo switch, some clothes, and shoes from his family. Racquel received perfume from her daughters and one-hundred dollars from Marquette. She didn't know how he got it but she was going to confront him later.

Mai and Malaysia each received one gift from their mother being they were older. The two understood that the majority of the gifts went to Marquette and Maleek and didn't feel no shame. Mai received some pink ugg boots while Malaysia received a chestnut pair. After everyone said their thank you's, Racquel headed off to the kitchen to get started on breakfast and Marquette and Maleek headed to their room to play with their gifts.

"Demetrius came over yesterday and wanted me to give you these." Mai smiled small pushed over a few gift bags from under the tree. Malaysia made a face before opening them to see she received a Diamond name necklace that read her name and the Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag.

"Oh my god!" Malaysia screamed as she stood up and hopped up and down, "How did he even know I wanted this bag?!" She was beyond happy and he was easily back in her good graces. Mai laughed at her sister's behavior.