Visit to Exile Island

TW: mention of su!cide, self depredation

"What?" Y/N asked in disbelief.

Of all the people, except for possibly Dream, not him. Not Wilbur.

He can't be trusted.

Not anymore.

"He's with Wilbur." Tubbo reconfirmed. Tubbo watched as Y/N frantically looked around themself, searching for something.

Not something.

Her sword.

"Shit." Y/N muttered under her breath.

"What's wro-" Tubbo began.

"I have to go." Y/N said, rushing down the steps and into the snow covered ground. She stopped, and Tubbo watched carefully as she turned around and quickly ran back up the steps, embracing him in a hug once more.

"Thank you Tubbo." Y/N said, hurrying down the steps again and towards the SMP and the once existing L'Manberg. "We'll talk again soon." She called out before disappearing into the tunnel that connected Snowchester to the main island.

Tubbo waved until his old friend was out of view, before gently shutting the door behind him.

"I hope so." He muttered beneath his breath.

If only he knew.

- Y/N's POV -

I raced through the tunnel, making it through twice as fast as before, even with several stumbles over the icy covered cave at first. My hands and knees were now covered in fresh scrapes from jagged ice formations and hard stone ground. But that didn't matter.

I made my way out through the other side, and raced towards the prison.

Ironic, going back after I just got out again.

But my sword was there. It had to be. When I was revived, it was gone, so Dream had to have taken it.

I made it to the inside, which came as a surprise.

Why isn't it locked?

I quickly pushed the thought away and moved to the storage rooms. Since I'd been in here a couple times now, I knew where they were.

I found a small, long wooden case with my name labeled on it, and lifted it open. The hinges must have been old or something, because it made the most obnoxiously loud creaking sound.

It didn't help that I was in the middle of a massive vacant prison.

Inside of the case, my sword laid neatly in a velvet lined interior, perfectly preserved, and not at all tended to, as old nicks and scratches were still visible.

I exited the small supply room, closing the weapons case. Dream shouldn't know I'm alive. Not until I'm ready to face him.

I walked to the edge of the massive indigo colored portal that lead to the outside, and right before I stepped inside, I paused.

I swear I heard something.

It was probably nothi-

There it is again.

It kind of sounds like...footsteps.

Footsteps? Why would there be footsteps? This place is completely empty. Sam, my brother, and I were the last ones out.

But the sound was getting louder, and was clearly not my imagination. And I honestly didn't want to stick around to see who in their right mind would hide out here.