Chapter 143

Giyu POV
I knocked on the door that lead to (y/n)'s room and walked inside. She was sitting up in her bed brushing the tangles out of her hair.

My heart sank as I looked at her. (Y/n) seemed so tired and drained. I noticed she had lost more weight since the last visit. There were dark circles under her eyes indicating that she wasn't sleeping well either.

"Hi, Love." I spoke with a soft voice.

(Y/n) tiredly turned her head towards me and gave me a smile, "Welcome back!"

I set my things down and walked over to her bed, holding my hand out.

She looked at me confused.

"Let me brush your hair."

Her smile spread into a warm, thankful one as she handed me the brush. I gently combed my fingers through her hair as I began to brush it out.

My finger tips following with each stroke. I could feel (y/n) relax into my touch as I continued to brush the tangles out, her already soft hair becoming more soft in the process.

When I was finished, I set the brush aside and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Do you think you could scoot a bit forward?" I asked.

A small laugh left her lips, "And why do you want me to do that?"

"Shh, just do it for me." I smiled.

As she moved forward, I sat behind her and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Someone's giving a lot of attention, is everything okay?" (Y/n) asked as I started to massage her shoulders.

Her sore shoulders being massaged made her let out small hums of pain.

"Sorry, I don't mean to hurt you." I said quietly.

"It honestly feels nice, so just keep doing whatever you're doing."

I hummed in response and continued to massage her tired shoulders. Moving my hands closer to the back of her neck.

(Y/n) tilted her head to the side as I rubbed one spot and then the other. She let out a sigh and relaxed into my touch.

"You must be tired," I started, "Have you been able to rest at all today?"

(Y/n) shook her head, "I really want things to get better for all three of us, so I want to work as hard as I can."

"While that's a good mindset, you also need to remember to rest. How can you work your hardest if you're burned out?"

"Hm..I guess you've got a point..I just really want everything to be okay."

I removed my hands from her shoulders and pulled her back into my arms. Her head resting on my shoulder as I held her close.

"As long as you rest, things will get better." I said as I leaned my face into the crook of her neck.

I breathed in her scent and closed my eyes, placing a chaste kiss on her neck in the process.

(Y/n)'s hand reached up and caressed my cheek, "You never answered my question, are you doing okay? You're just being extra affectionate tonight."

I pulled my head back and looked at her, "Am I not allowed to be affectionate towards my wife?"

(Y/n) giggled, "Of course you are allowed, I was just wondering why and if you were okay is all!"

I put my head back down on her shoulder and smiled, "Chiyoko has been telling me that you've been drained from everything you do everyday, I just want to give you one good thing to look forward to after all of it."

"Ah I see, annnd?" She pushed.

"Annnd...?" I asked confused.

(Y/n) tilted her head and smiled.

"Oh yes, I am doing great. I am just fine, today went pretty well."

(Y/n) leaned back with satisfaction and held my hands which rested ontop of her stomach.

"Oh yeah? Tell me about your day." She hummed.

"Well," I started and rubbed small circles on her knuckles, "I got to see you in the morning so my day is already going fantastic, I got to work and all of my co workers were very understanding and helped me not worry so much,"

"That's new." (Y/n) laughed.

"Right?" I smiled, "Let's see here...ah, the students today were very well behaved today."

(Y/n) turned her head towards me, "Even the Kamado Squad?"

My eyes met hers as I pecked her lips, "Even the Kamado Squad. And now I'm here with my favourite person, so that's another fantastic thing."

"Wow! The Kamado Squad was well behaved? Giyu, God must be saying something."

"Maybe I can start eating smoked salmon and daikon again." I joked.

The room fell into a comfortable silence as the TV played some sitcom show quietly. I continued to hold (y/n)'s hand firmly, I didn't want to let go.

"...Giyu?" (Y/n) spoke up.

"Yes, Love?"

I waited patiently as she gathered her thoughts.

"Will we really be okay?"

My eyes slowly opened as she asked the question that has been weighing on my mind forever.

I took in a deep breath and let it out.

"I...I don't know," I answered honestly and could feel (y/n)'s mood sadden, "But, I'm going to really hope and believe that we will be. I'm going to be here through every step with you and make sure that you know we'll be okay."

I couldn't explain it, but I had a feeling that everything would be okay. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I can't shake the feeling off that we will make it through this.

I couldn't shake the feeling that (y/n) and our daughter will make it through this.

If anything, I think we are being put through this in order for us to find the light in every dark.

Find the light...in every dark...light.

"Hikari." I said.

"Hmm? What did you say?"

I turned my head towards (y/n) once again, "Hikari."

"Hikari...? Light." She said, her eyes widened, "Are you saying that's what you want to name our daughter?"

My face heated up and I quickly averted my gaze, "I-I mean...it's just another suggestion-"

"No no, I really like that name...Hikari. She's the light at the end of this trial..."

I hugged (y/n) tightly and whispered sweet nothings into her ear. I felt tears prick my eyes at the sound of her calling our daughter the name I suddenly said.

Hikari...

My hand found it's way back to (y/n)'s hand.

You're the light we need right now, please...I can't wait to meet you.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A.N.
I know not everyone will agree with this name, but I felt that it had meaning for the story.

Nami, Kairi, Aki, and any other suggestions were absolutely beautiful and I love them very much. I have been stuck on naming this child for so long and I finally decided to go with the name Hikari, meaning light.

I hope you can get past the name, personally, I really like I how interpreted the meaning, but it's okay and understandable if you don't agree!

Please stay hydrated!