𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 + 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤

⚠︎⚠︎ IMPORTANT ⚠︎⚠︎

THERE IS A HUGE AGE GAP BETWEEN BRADLEY AND LILAH!

★★★

𝘭𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘩 "𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘦" 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘴

𝘢𝘴

𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯

𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵, 26

𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘺 "𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳" 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘸

𝘢𝘴

𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳

𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵, 36

𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵, 36.

★★★

𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨:

𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘰: 𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘢 "𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘹" 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦

𝘵𝘰𝘮 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦: 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘦 "𝘮𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬" 𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭: 𝘫𝘢𝘬𝘦 "𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘮𝘢𝘯" 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘯

𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘦𝘳: 𝘵𝘰𝘮 "𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯" 𝘬𝘢𝘻𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘺

★★★

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨:

Lilah Hollis examined the boy in front of her. She was unimpressed.

"And this, darling, is my good friend, Pete Mitchell, or well Maverick, I suppose, and another good friend of mine's son, Bradley Bradshaw."

Lilah listened to her grandfather's words and shook Maverick's hand in greeting, and then turned to clasp hands with the boy, Bradley. His hand swallowed hers up.

"I'm Lilah Hollis, it's a pleasure to meet you." she spoke softly like her grandmother had taught her to when her grandfather had company.

"It's good to finally meet you, Lilah, Ice over here absolutely gushes about you all the time." Maverick pointed a finger at her grandfather and he clasped him on the back.

"Lilah, dear, why don't you show Bradley the garden while Mav and I catch up?"

She knew that her grandfather was politely dismissing her to talk business, but she knew that if she stayed she could listen in on what his next deployment would be. When she didn't budge from her place, Grandfather gave her a warning glare. She never got in trouble, no matter how many warning glares she got, but she knew it was better not to argue.

She lead Bradley out of the house and into their magnificent garden. The sound of the wave hitting the sand filled the silence between the two. Lilah pointed to a bench where they could sit while the adults talked.

"You don't talk very much, do you?" Bradley asked as soon as they sat down. He was fidgeting with his tie like he was uncomfortable.

"Grammy said I'm not to talk unless spoken to while Granddaddy has company over." she responded quietly.

Bradley nodded as if he understood. He got up and started to pace, like he was nervous about something.

"How old are you?"

The question seemed to surprise him.

"16." he chewed on his lip. "How about you?"

"7." she smoothed out her baby blue dress. "Will you stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"The pacing, it's making me nervous."

Bradley plopped down beside her again, slumping down. "Sorry, it's just I'm waiting for my acceptance letter into the naval academy."

"Fighter pilot, huh?"

He glanced up at her, his blue eyes shinning in the sunset. "How did you know?"

"You look like the type to want to risk your life 35,000 feet in the air." Lilah giggled to herself as Bradley's face contorted into the first smile she'd seen. "Can I tell you a secret?"

Bradley was confused. "Sure?"

Lilah scooted close to him and cupped her small hands around his ear.

"I'm going to be a better fighter pilot then you one day, Bradley Bradshaw."