Chapter 26

You turned around, hearing the sound of footsteps approaching.

"Yeah, I'm here!" you called, walking away from the arcade cabinet and towards where you heard the sound of footsteps.

Passing one of the shelves, you saw Jacob walking in your direction, a confused look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Just exploring. I've never actually been here," you said, walking up to him.

"Ah, okay. You probably shouldn't be back here, though. Some of the Fazcade workers get mad when other people come back here," he said.

You nodded and the two of you left the hall, your body relaxing and your mind finally seeming to go back to normal. A small part of you was really concerned about what you wanted to do. Destroying company property was a big deal. You could've gotten fired for it. You'd never had thoughts like that before. What the hell had gotten into you?

Once back at the stage, you saw that everyone else was already there. You also saw a few packs of water up on the stage. James was up on the stage messing with the sound booth while Katie had the rest of the group huddled up. Once she saw you and Jacob, she waved the two of you over.

"Alright, guys! Every other hour, we do a performance. When we're not performing, we can either rest behind the booth or we can go out into the Fazcade and hang out with the patrons. We need to set up a lunch time, though, so James can get someone in here to cover for him and eat with us," she explained.

"How about... two PM? The dining around the main stage should be relatively empty around that time," the girl dressed as Chica suggested.

"Sounds good to me. Any complaints about lunch at two?" Katie asked. Everyone shook their head, causing Katie to smile and clap her hands together. "Sweet! Now, let's go over the routine one last time. Our first routine will be at eight AM!"

With all the plans set in place, you all got to work on setting up the stage and doing one final dress rehearsal. Your nerves were pretty high, but you were able to calm yourself down and remind yourself that you were in a group. You had others here who would be here to support you.

Before long, the Fazcade was filled with patrons all having a blast. James seemed to be in his groove, playing music and dancing behind the sound booth. Everyone else in the group was either stretching or doing breathing exercises. You sat against the wall of the large tunnel, watching the crowd. Your leg bounced up and down as you watched more and more people flood the dance floor.

Katie raised her hand, catching everyone's attention. She mouthed "we're up" and you took a deep breath. It was finally time. The music died down and all of you filed out onto the stage. As Katie introduced the group, your eyes landed on a familiar face; Oliver. He was on the shoulders of an employee you remember seeing in Bonnie Bowling, a huge grin on his face. His smile grew when he realized that you were looking at him, waving at you while calling your name. You smiled, waving back.

As the first song started, you hopped into place. Music flowed through the room as the crowd cheered. Just like Katie had said, you remembered every move. Sleeping on it and that last practice really was all you seemed to need. Each song seamlessly flowed into the next one, in large part to James' amazing audio mixing skills. Before you knew it, the thirty minutes of performing were over. The group was waving to everyone. You had a huge grin on your face as you blew a kiss to the crowd.

Walking back to the tunnel, all of you cheered.

"That was amazing! Keep this up and we just might be able to do this full time!" Katie exclaimed.