Chapter 27

Before you knew it, Halloween week was coming to a close. There were only three days left of costumes, dancing, and just all-around fun. Sadly, though, you never had any time to visit the Daycare attendant after that first day. You were always too tired after the performances or just busy taking pictures with patrons. You wanted nothing more than to see Sun and Moon, to tell them about everything that you've gotten to do and see because of these performances, but life didn't seem to want to let you do that. So, that was why you decided to go in early today. You wanted to have time to see the two before you had to go perform.

Walking through the Pizzaplex, you carried Oliver on your back. He was half asleep, letting out small grumbles any time you had to readjust your grip on him. Amanda had already run ahead. She apparently needed to get started on some sort of paperwork for the daycare. As you walked through the main hall to the daycare, you heard a blood curdling scream. Your face paled as you froze, body tumbling. That had to be a joke. Someone had to be messing with you and the other staff or... or something. Then, the doors to the main desk at the daycare slammed open, Amanda stumbling out and running towards you.

You ran up to her, setting Oliver down before grabbing her arms and trying to keep her steady. She was pale, her body shaking and her eyes glassy. Her hands gripped your shirt so hard; you thought the fabric was going to tear.

"Amanda, what's going on?" you asked, a feeling of dread forming in your stomach.

"God... fuck it's- it's Bonnie. He- oh god just- just look," Amanda fumbled, a tear slowly falling down her cheeks.

The feeling of dread only grew as you nodded, walking into the daycare as you motioned for Oliver to stay outside. Amanda followed close behind, keeping a tight grip on your arm. As you walked through the gates of the drop off and pickup zone, you froze. Further down the path was a large pile of something. It was right next to the hall that connected the daycare to Monty Golf. Even though you weren't close, you knew what it was.

You and Amanda made your way closer to the pile, being able to make out more and more of it. It was primarily blue and red, wires and scraps of metal scattered around it. You crouched down next to the pile, trying not to collapse. It was Bonnie. Someone had disassembled Bonnie. Violently.

"Fuck... fuck- why? God damn it, why?" Amanda whispered, covering her face as she leaned against the wall.

"Go... go get a security guard or something. I'm gonna go see if Monty and the Attendant are okay," you said, standing up.

"Alright. Alright- fuck. I- I'll-" Amanda cut herself off, darting away.

You got up, going to Monty Golf first. Bonnie seemed to like that place, so you were a bit worried something had happened to Monty as well. As you entered, you looked around for any sign of the Gator.

"Monty! Monty, are you there?" you called, searching all of the golf course. Nothing.

You left the golf course, reasoning that Monty must be with the other animatronics. He was going to be fine. He was tough. He could handle himself.

As you walked back through to the daycare, you scanned the area to see if maybe there was some sign of a fight. You didn't see anything immediately, though. Minus the giant pile of scrapped Bonnie, everything looked to be normal. You climbed down the stairs to the daycare main entrance. You opened the doors, walking inside and looking around. The daycare looked normal as well.

"Sun! Moon! Are you there?" you called. No response. "Sun! Moon! Eclipse! Hello!"

Nothing.

You could hear the sound of talking coming from the drop off area and you left the daycare, taking one last look at the balcony to the Attendant's room.

"Jesus, you weren't joking," you heard a security guard say.

"N-no... I just... why? Who would do this?" Amanda asked.

The guard noticed you coming out of the daycare, waving at you. "Hey! Did you find any other animatronics?" he asked.

You clenched your fists, staring at the ground. "No... but Monty and the Attendant have just vanished," you said.

"Hm..." the guard looked to be in thought, grabbing his radio from his hip. "Can I get someone to review the video footage from last night in the Monty Golf area, the Daycare area, and the theater area?"

You let out a small sigh, unclenching your fists and letting your hands fall to your sides. Then, you felt something weird, something sticky. Lifting up your right hand, you looked down at your palm before letting out a gag.

"(y/n)? What's wrong?" Amanda asked, leaning over the railing.

"B-... blood," you said, staring at the patch of red on your hand.

"Wait, what? There's blood?" the guard asked.

"I- I-" You covered your mouth with your left hand, trying not to vomit. There was a logical, reasonable, non-traumatizing reason for this. Someone just cut their hand and touched something. That had to be it. It was just a bit of blood from a small cut.

"(y/n), get up here, now. I want you to go search the catwalks above Monty Golf while Amanda and I go search the theater and the Daycare Attendant's room," the guard said.

You nodded, walking over to the staircase. Then, you stopped. You saw another large shape near the elevators. Your breathing got heavier as you remained frozen at the base of the stairs.

"Toss me your flashlight," you slowly said.

The guard gave you a confused look before taking his flashlight from his belt and tossing it down to you. You clicked it on and shined it at the shadowed mass. Your knees gave out and your felt something rising up your throat as you let out a choked scream.

"(y/n)!" the guard yelled, darting down the stairs.

It was a corpse. A bloodied, mutilated corpse.

"(y- y/n)?" a glitched voice sounded from behind one of the potted plants.

You stared as you watched a bloody and slightly mangled Eclipse crawled out from behind the planter box. You screamed, scrambling back. The guard ran over to you, grabbing you by the arms and lifting you up. He looked over at the small alcove for the elevators, his face paling.

"Stop right where you fucking are!" he yelled, grabbing a small black box from his belt. It was only a second later you realized it was a taser.

You watched Eclipse stop, his eyes narrowing as his body seemed to shift into a more jagged pose.

"P-put that away. He's going to see it as a threat," you whispered.

"How do you think I see him?" the guard hissed.

"Just put it away, we can deactivate him if-"

You were cut off by a glitched scream as Eclipse launched himself at you and the guard. You stumbled back, the guard letting go of you as he aimed the taser. But he wasn't fast enough. Within a split second, he was pinned to the ground, trying to push Eclipse off of him. Said animatronic was screaming as he slashed at the guard. You could hear Amanda screaming from the floor above you as well, watching her run off towards Monty Golf.

You got up, grabbing the flashlight and running over. You hit Eclipse as hard as you could with the flashlight, sending him tumbling off of the guard.

"Are you okay?" you asked, helping him up.

"I'm fine, no serious injuries," he said.

Before you hand the chance to respond, you felt yourself get tackled to the ground. Eclipse's fingers dug into your shoulder as you screamed, your arms and legs thrashing about. You watched the guard try to pull him off of you, only to get knocked away. Your brain finally thinking clearly for a second, you pulled your knees up to your chest before kicking as hard as you could. The kick sent Eclipse flying off of you. He scrambled back to his feet, lunging at you again. With your legs pulled back up to your chest, you kicked as hard as you could, landing a solid shot to his face and sending him flying back again.

This time, he didn't get up.