Chapter 34 : World cup

Chapter 34

Harry was in Black Manor they were about to leave for world cup

"Please say we're not taking a portkey to the cup," Harry said hopefully. It was the day of the World Cup and it was 11 o' clock in the morning. They had to be there by 12 though with apparition and portkeys it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

"Unfortunately we have to," said Sirius walking into the room with Remus. There were 5 people going to the world cup in that group- Harry, Rigel ,Thomas, Sirius, and Remus. Lily hated Quidditch and James was away on business which meant they sent Thomas to go with Harry, and Marlene was out with Lily and Rosy on shopping.

"Portkey is better over such a long distance when compared to apparition," said Remus unconsciously switching into teacher mode.

"Yes, yes," snapped Harry. He hated portkeys. "Now can we hurry up? I want to get there early for once."

"Alright," smiled Remus, grabbing his hand who in turn grabbed Rigel's while Sirius grabbed Thomas's, "We'll side-appare you three to the portkey where we'll be meeting the Diggorys."

"Diggory?" asked Thomas thoughtfully. "By any chance one of them is Cedric Diggory."

"He's the son of Amos Diggory," sighed Sirius.

"Ready?" asked Sirius. "On 3. 1-" That was all he said before him and Remus apparated them simultaneously to the portkey site.

"I hate you 'Snuffles' 'Dad' 'Padfoot," said Harry , Rigel and Thomas at the same time while Sirius glared at Harry he hated this name which Harry had invented for him and Remus giggled. Suddenly, there was a loud crack and Amos and Cedric had walked up to them.

"So this is who you were bringing?" he asked Remus and Sirius. "The boy-who-lived, Potter Heir and the Black heir. I'm Amos Diggory, and this is my son Cedric," he introduced Cedric himself. "You'd know him, won't you?" he asked Thomas.

"Uh, no," lied Thomas.

"Well didn't he beat you lions in Quidditch last year? My son, beating the house of the boy-who-lived," he boasted while Cedric looked mildly uncomfortable.

"Oh yeah!" interjected Harry. "Your son was the seeker of the team we thrashed to win the Quidditch final!" he said, like he'd just remembered.

Amos Diggory turned red and ignored Harry, choosing to talk to the adults instead. "Thanks," Thomas whispered to Harry.

"Any time," Harry whispered back.

"Shall we go?" Sirius asked, pointing to the shoe in front of them that had started vibrating. "Everyone grab on." It must have been a sight to see had a passer-by gone past them- 3 adults and 3 children all holding onto a single shoe. And then suddenly, the shoe sucked all of them in like a wormhole connected straight to their belly button, and disappeared taking them with it.

Suddenly, his feet slammed into the ground and he nearly toppled over due to the whiplash. He looked around and everyone else was just as discombobulated as him, apart from the adults who despite looking very windswept were already up on their feet. They were in a misty and deserted moor of sorts and in the distance Harry could see several tents along with a humongous stadium. They had arrived at the World Cup

After they had registered with a particularly odd Muggle, though Harry was pretty sure the reason he was so strange was because of the several confundus charms that had been cast upon him, they had found their way to where the tents were located. A few minutes later, they managed to find their tent as well which had been already set up for them (Harry suspected Sirius paid someone to do it). When they entered, it was way larger on the inside.