Chapter 8

Leaning my back on the wall as I conceal myself, hiding in the shadows. Biting my lips as I listen to them.

"Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets." Zemo said.

"I'm betting I could beat that." Stark countered.

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came." Zemo replied.

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Rogers asked.

You're wrong about that one.

A smirk appeared on my lips as a confused look plastered on Zemo's face. Rogers looks at Zemo through a window.

"I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized... there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw." Zemo stated and stared at Rogers.

"You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Rogers asked.

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise." Zemo answered.

"You lost someone?" Rogers asked.

"I lost everyone. And so will you." Zemo replied, calmly.

He plays a surveillance footage from December 16th 1991. Rogers steps over to the screen.

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumples from within? That's dead... forever." Zemo added.

"I know that road. What is this?" Stark stated, anxiously.

Furrowing my eyebrows as I snuck a glance at my wristwatch. Thirty minutes have passed and I'm sure the soldiers have already left by now.

As my eyes went back to them, Stark looked at the screen with sadness and a look that says he already knew about this.

My eyes widened as I realized what was happening.

They saw through my plan and setting a trap.

Moving my fingers in a subtle way, a black mist started to escape from my fingertips and reached Zemo. I quickly manipulated his mind, erasing every memory he had of me and Frederick and making it like he did all of this.

A curse escapes my lips as I quietly escape the facility.

This can't be. How could they...

Clicking my tongue in disapproval as I successfully went outside the facility without a problem.

Another curse escaped my lips as I started to run towards the caterpillar truck. Getting in as I quickly started the engine.

Exhaling a sigh as I arrived at the snow covered forest. Away from them. Disembarking the vehicle as cold seeps through my body. Hearing my teeth chattering from the cold.

A gasp escapes my lips as sudden blurry images flashed in my mind. Leaning my body to the snow covered trunk as my head begins to throb.

Grasping my head as I bit my lips, tasting my own blood, preventing a noise to come out, afraid they will find me.

As the blurry images continue to flash in my mind, now clutching tightly my head as I knelt on the ground from the pain.

Breath uneven as I tried to calm myself, but failed to do so. My body froze as I heard a quick whoosh passed by me leaving a white almost transparent trail as if someone ran so fast.