Chapter 9

Exhaling a sigh as I settled myself inside the jet, closing my eyes and leaned my head to the wall as the vehicle started to move, feeling it rise into the air.

Internally rolling my eyes as I feel a piercing stare, opening my eyes as I raise my eyebrow and glanced back at the man who's been staring at me.

"What?" I asked, slightly tilting my head to the side.

"Nothing. You're beautiful." He replied, nonchalantly, his blue eyes gazed at mine.

"Everyone says that to me." I countered, earning a chuckle from him, "And staring is rude." I added, it was his turn to raise his eyebrow.

"Are you uncomfortable?" He teased.

"Yes." I answered.

"Buck." Rogers called.

Barnes averted his eyes from mine and looked at Rogers who settled himself beside him.

"You okay?" He asked.

Barnes nodded, "Of course. Having a beautiful view makes me at ease." He replied and looked at me.

Rolling my eyes as I poked my tongue inside my cheeks. Rogers chuckled and shook his head.

If he doesn't avert his eyes, I will poke them.

Exhaling a breath as I tried to calm myself down. The two engaged in a conversation when I felt someone sat down beside me.

"Hi." Stark greeted, giving me a smile.

"I'm taken." I replied.

There was a minute of silence before Stark laughed. Clutching his belly as he continued to laugh, wiping a lone tear escaping his eyes.

"I like you." He said between his laughs.

"I like myself too." I answered.

Stark exhaled a breath and placed a hand under his chin, looking at me as if he's analyzing a rare specimen. Raising my eyebrow as I looked at him, our eyes met.

"You remind me of someone." He muttered.

"Is this one of those lines you say to every girl you meet?" I asked, earning another laugh from him.

"No. But, I'll gladly tell you all those lines if you'll allow me." He answered.

Rolling my eyes, "No, thanks. I prefer to keep my ears from bleeding hearing those lame lines." I said.

A huff escaped his lips, "You won't know if you won't try. I'm sure there's nothing to lose." He replied.

"There is." I said.

"And that is?" He asked, curiously.

"My sanity." I answered, nonchalantly.

He chuckled and leaned towards me, "You're afraid you will lose your sanity if you fall in love with me." He said with pride.

Exhaling a sigh as I turned my head towards him and leaned forward, my lips an inch closer to his ears.

Smirking as I felt him gulped, "You're really not my type." I whispered and slowly retreated as I faced him.

"And what is your type?" He asked, raising my eyebrow as his eyes landed on my lips.

"Someone whose name is not Tony Stark." I answered, leaned back and exhaled a breath as I closed my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest, ignoring him and the stares of the two super soldiers at me.

Wandering my eyes around as the jet landed, dipping my hands inside my pocket as I follow them closely behind. Rogers' bulky frame prevented me from seeing what's in front and hiding my small body.