Chapter 10

Nighttime came quicker than I anticipated. Sitting inside the room, a book caught my attention. Standing up as I grab and read the title.

Romeo and Juliet

Flipping the pages as I started to get immersed in the story despite how countless times I read the book.

A knock halted my reading. Raising my eyebrow, standing up as I opened the door. The smiling face of the God of Mischief welcomed me.

"Hello, darling." He greeted me.

Furrowing my eyebrows as I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned my shoulder on the doorframe.

"State your business." I replied, earning a chuckle from him.

"I just wanted to ask if you saw a book, perhaps?" He asked.

Exhaling a sigh and nodding my head. I lifted the book in front of him.

"Ah, yes. That's the book." He mumbled and gently took it from me.

I was about to close the door when he asked something.

"Have you read this book?" He asked, nodding my head as my reply.

"Do you like reading books?" He asked once again.

"Yes." I answered.

"What type of books do you like?" He asked.

"Books that will give me more knowledge." I replied, earning a chuckle from him.

"How about novels?" He asked.

Nodding my head once again, "I have a library back home with different kinds of books." I answered.

"Do you like stories with a happy or a sad ending?" He asked.

"Either. I know someone who is a big fan of that." I said and looked at the book that he's holding.

Raising his eyebrow, "Really?" He asked.

"Tragic love story. The other one died. Or they couldn't end up together." I answered, "Who knows, maybe that's the ending she wants." I added.

"We never know what's running in her mind. She's quite unpredictable, even she can't understand herself." I continued, cryptically.

"And who are you pertaining to?" He asked.

Shrugging my shoulders, "She's the one who can make the impossible possible." I replied.

"Thank you for your hospitality, but I will kindly decline dinner tonight. I'm tired and I want to rest tonight." I muttered.

He smiled and nodded his head, "As you wish." He said and left.

Closing the door as I exhaled a sigh, locked the door and started to undress myself and took a shower.

Running my hand through my wet hair as the hot water covers my body. Closing my eyes as flashes of blurry images pops in my mind.

A curse escaped my lips as I leaned both my hands on the wall, steadying myself.

Screams. A child. A field. A woman who was praised.

Abruptly opening my eyes as I grip my head, my legs gave up as I sat on the cold floor.

Tears were continuously streaming down my cheeks like a river. Feeling my head pounding in pain and how fast my heart beats as my breath becomes uneven.

The feeling of sadness, pain, and betrayal poured all over my body like a broken dam as the screams echoed back inside my mind.

How they desperately cried for help. Gasping as my eyes widened, seeing blood covering my hands.