18

Sakari leaned against the door of the wall that blocked the bedroom from the living area, watching Von who sat at the kitchen table

Sakari leaned against the door of the wall that blocked the bedroom from the living area, watching Von who sat at the kitchen table. It'd became something like a morning routine for the two of them.

"Hi baby," She made her presence known, and he turned his head, placing the stack of cash that he held on the table so that he could give her a hug.

"Wassup? You sleep okay?" He kissed her lips a few times, and she nodded her head.

"Up until I realized you were gone," She chuckled, following him to sit down at the table. "What you doin' this morning?"

"Budgeting your money." He shrugged, and she smiled, seeing a duffel bag that previously contained multiple stacks of cash now separated in different envelopes.

"Why?" She curiously asked, not minding at all.

"You spent almost a hundred bands on a brand new car yesterday." He said, and she rose an eyebrow, not seeing his point.

"Well, y'all ain't heard from yo daddy, and yo mama ain't really fuckin' wit' you right now. I know you said you was 'leaving the nest', but it's happening faster than you think. If you keep blowing your money on unnecessary stuff, you won't survive on yo own."

"You got three cars already. You didn't need that Range. I don't want you to blow through your money so fast." He told her, and she placed her head in her palms, listening to him.

"I put sticky notes on each envelope to-suggest-'cause obviously you don't have to listen to me, but I was just tryna help a lil' bit. You young and stuff, and you've never really been on your own in the real world with real bills. Tryna pass on some wisdom I guess," He chuckled, "I be forgetting you rich though."

"We rich." She corrected, and he smiled, slyly rolling his eyes.

"But okay baby. Tell me what you did then." She sat up some, picking up a random yellow envelope.

"It's just suggestions, but I just made random budgets. Like for necessities when you officially move out-bills, gas, car insurance, and medical insurance shit."

"Then a section for all yo subscriptions, like Netflix and all that stuff, and I included your hair and clothes stylist 'cause it kinda fit in that. I put yo credit card fees in that section too."

"Then it's another one for when you wanna splurge, which is like all the time. Folks 'nem blowin' a bag everyday." He shook his head as he finished, and she laughed.

"I love you so much." She leaned over to kiss his face, and he chuckled.

"I love you too. I know you got more bags of cash, plus yo cards and shit. I just wrote out the foundation and went through one bag. You shouldn't keep that much cash on you ma. You need to put that in a bank." He told her, sipping from his fruit punch Gatorade.

"I know, my daddy tell me that all the time but I never saw a reason to. I guess I have to start now. You'll help me budget all of it, foreal?" She asked, and he nodded.