lxv

⚖ • ⚰

The next memory was the day we saved Mikasa. Grisha looked through the open front door in shock seeing Y/N, Eren, and Mikasa around two supposed dead bodies.

The memory still felt fresh for Y/N as she gazed at her old self which had a different spark from her. As for Zeke, he had the same shocked face as Grisha.

"It appears that you thought I was the same as you, but you're wrong. If someone tries to steal my freedom away, I won't hesitate to take theirs." Eren answered whilst Grisha checked the bodies as his expression changed to a somewhat disappointed look.

'Well... Too bad' Y/N thought glancing at the dead bodies. 'I changed a lot... No shit. '

After a minute outside the house, a young Eren and young Y/N were being lectured by Grisha while Mikasa stood near the fire. Y/N remembered she didn't quite listen to what Grisha was saying letting all the words just pass through her ears.

"It's not because the old man told me to. I've always been like this since I was born." Even added.

"I can't believe being born with freedom actually comes with an emo personality." Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Since you were born?" Zeke questioned.

"The pitiful younger brother that the two of you're looking for doesn't exist anymore. Neither does the younger brother who shares the same wound as you." Eren answered as Zeke walked closer to the scene. "What I see...  Is a man who doesn't know any other way to define himself besides continuing to deny his father's wish to restore Eldia. A pathetic man still haunted by his dead father."

"facts..." Y/N muttered.

"if so, these people are grateful to their father. His act opened his son and daughter's eyes, ultimately saving the world from the danger Eldia poses, Ina sense, this father is the one who saved the world. Ironic isn't it?" Zeke glanced at Grisha then at the forest. "Eren. Y/N."

All Y/N could do was laugh at Zeke's words. "Just because you said some words doesn't mean I fully agree on the shits you say, Bearded shit."

"And now you're starting to sound like that Ackerman..." Zeke muttered with poison in his tone upon spitting Levi's last name.

Y/N's eyes soften when she saw young Eren put the red scarf on Mikasa. Moreover, the current Eren was gazing deeply at the young selves.

"it's warm..." the young Mikasa muttered softly as young Y/N smiled.

______________________________

"Listen Eren... The power of the Founding Titan is within my hand. I can carry on the euthanasia plan whenever I want." Y/N rolled her eyes as Eren just stared at Zeke blabbering. "but... "

In the scene in front of the Yeager siblings were Grisha giving young kids a checkup. Then Zeke's blue orbs gazed at his younger siblings.

"I will never abandon you two" Zeke spoke as the scenery changed to Grisha walking back home as the sunsets. "Just like what Mr. Ksaver did for me."

'Bitch I was there for you..." Y/N rolled her eyes as she continued to glare holes at Zeke. The three were looking at a child and what it seems like his father playing with a ball.

"Before I save the world... I want to save you. "

The scene changes back to the basement aka Grisha's office. Grisha was writing the letter that would tell the Survey Corps about the outside of the walls. Y/N never got to really read the contents when Levi showed it to her but she immediately recognized the handwriting.