Ch 561: I Did Not Fail

Chang'an's train station, a woman could be seen wearing a red robe sitting alone on a bench. Her body emitted an aura that made people around her not dare to approach her, leaving her on her own. Some even did not notice her and passed her by sending her a single glance.

Then an announcement was made.

Hearing this, the woman in robe looked at the speaker above her. She hummed as she slowly stood up and lifted her briefcase. She was about to board the train when she received a call.

"Leizi."

Leizi turned to where the voice came from. There, she saw someone that she knew.

"Inspector General?" Leizi frowned slightly at the sight of her higher up, "Why are you here?"

The man in question was wearing the same robe as her, covering his whole body with it. Their clothes should make them stand out from the crowd, but no one took noticed them.

The sound of someone announcing the leaving of the train echoed in the station.

With her being caught up with all of this, she missed her train.

The sound of the departure train rang in their ears.

The man walked to Leizi's side. He lowered his voice and said, "Our plan has changed, come with me first."

Although confused, Leizi nodded and didn't ask any further questions as she followed him.

The Inspector-General led her into an alleyway.

The man looked around as they stopped. Confirming that they were now truly alone, he glanced at Leizi.

"Your arrangement to go to Lungmen is going to be delayed," He said slowly, "I have already explained it to Governor Wei Yanwu."

"Why the sudden change?" Leizi asked. She did not like being unaware of her job.

"Something important came up," The man answered.

"I do not mind this," She said, "I am just curious, that's all. Who am I working with now? Why should I be doing this job? I need more info."

"... It's complicated," The man sighed tiredly. Then he pointed up into the sky, "Let's just say the dragons need your help."

Leizi's eyes narrowed at this. A code.

Dragons. The royal family.

This must be something important for the royal family to ask for her help.

The man, seeing that Leizi understand the gravity of this mission, nodded.

"For the reason? They did not use the Imperial Guards because we should do this mission in secret," He explained, "With a certain ceremony that is about to happen in a few days, we cannot cause panic."

"I understand," She nodded, "So what is my new mission about?"

"Find a man," He answered, "He's a great danger to the royal family."

"Search and destroy a mission? Noted," Leizi said, "But there are only five days before that event starts. Am I going in blind?"

He shook his head, "We have a lot of clues about this man. One of them is that his primary target is the princess."

"The princess?" This caught her attention, "If she is his target, why are we not recurring her safety then?"

"The imperial guards at doing that already," The man stated, "We should not worry about that. We only do what they tasked us to do."