Lie-la

ʚ28ɞ

"How could this be? This doesn't make any sense at all!" Gabriel was aggravated. Aggressively flipping through the pages of the Miraculous spellbook, he groaned and slammed the book shut. "Nooroo!" He called for his kwami who trembled at his tone.

"Y-Yes, master?"

"What is the meaning of this? How could you not have warned me that the other Butterfly Miraculous has 2 powers?! And why isn't it recorded in the grimoire?!"

"T-That's because I don't know anything about a second power, master."

"What do you mean you don't know? It's your sister, is it not?"

"I'm telling the truth! I'm now finding this out the same as you. Master, I would never lie to you!"

"Argh!" He pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to contain his anger. He was winning! He was finally winning! His victory was so close. But Mariposa swooped in and ruined everything.

"Why don't you take a break, sir? You've been skimming through that book all night and still haven't found anything. You should rest now so-"

"NO!"

Both Nooroo and Nathalie jolted by his sudden shout.

"No... Just bring me some coffee, please." He softened his tone.

"As you wish, sir." Nathalie nodded and saw herself out to get his drink.

Gabriel sighed and massaged his temples. What Nathalie didn't know is that he can't sleep. She didn't know that what Mariposa did affected him, too. Her new power... It also messed with his mind. Being connected with the akumatized civilian through his own ability, he too was subdued to Mariposa's disenchantment. He saw his worst nightmare. She made him relive the day his beloved wife passed. It felt so real, he was still shaken up about it. The memories now keep coming back to haunt him as if it just happened yesterday. It won't get out of his head.

Nooroo knew his master was hurting. He could sense it. Gabriel was up all night and he hadn't seen his master this upset in a while. However, he didn't feel bad for him at all. He only feared what this could mean for the future. One thing he knows for sure is how vengeful his master is. The glare Gabriel was making in his pain said it all. The hurt wasn't bringing him down. It only made his desire to get his wife back grow even stronger.

~εїз~

"That girl is driving me crazy!"

"Who?" Alya looked at her best friend with a raised brow.

"LILA!" She softly yelled so that others wouldn't hear her. "Every time I try to talk to Adrien, she swoops in! And SHE KNOWS I've been trying to speak with him. She's doing it on purpose, Alya!"

"Oh, Marinette. I think you're overthinking things. It could be just a mere coincidence," Alya said while tapping her shoulder.

"Yeah, sure," she mumbled.

The bell rang and that signaled the end of today's classes. You hummed and packed your things. You looked across at Rose and Juleka's desk and went over to them.

"Hey! Can we talk?" You asked the two.

They gave each other a sort of look before looking back at you.

"Oh, that's okay, Y/N! We won't bother you anymore," Rose said with a small smile.

"Huh?"

"Sorry for taking up most of your time," Juleka muttered.