Chapter 51- 'I didn't say I knew how to pick them.'

A/N: Thank you to EternalRadiance for the awesome banner! i love it!

Right guys, this is a long one. It a little dramatic, and its the second to last chapter! i really hope you like it!

--

I didn’t even need to look at the driver to know it was him behind the wheel of the shiny black BMW that had just pulled up outside the café. Windows blacked out. Shocker.

I almost sprinted to the car, hissing in a breath as the pain in my ribs didn’t ease up the entire time.

“Didn’t know you had a Saturday job?” Andrew’s voice sounded amused as he refers to my Janitors jumpsuit.

“Didn’t really have a choice in the outfit.” I respond, shutting the door of the car.

He was the same as I remembered him. He was a handsome man for his age, one of those guys that benefitted from age. His light brown hair was short to his head and there was day old stubble covering his broad jaw and chin. You could definitely see the resemblance to Drake, especially around the eyes.

He doesn’t start the engine, and is staring directly at me with his brows raised.

“So want to explain why I’m even here?” He asked.

“We need to find Drake.” I simply told him.

He scoffed “Well then that was a wasted trip; I’m the last person who’s going to know where he is. He doesn’t exactly check in to tell me what he’s doing.”

“He’ll be where ever Derek is.”

He squints his eyes curiously at me “What the hell is going on?”

I sighed “Derek broke into my house going after Drake. One thing led to another and I somehow got launched down a flight of stairs. I got hospitalised, a few broken ribs and a miscarriage because of your asshole of a boss and now Drake is on the warpath. I’ve seen that boy on the warpath, and it’s worse than fucking Iraq. He’s going to kill him, and we need to stop him or Drake is going to throw his life away for a man who really isn’t worth the toilet paper you’ve wiped your ass with, let alone your life.”

I take in a breath as I don’t think I breathed the entire time I told my little story.

Andrew blinked a few times, his face impassive as he took in the information. Automatically, his eyes flashed to my stomach then were back on me just as fast.

“You were pregnant?” He asked. There was no sympathy in his voice; there was no emotion in it at all. He was just asking me a general question.

“’Were’ being the key word…” I made clear.

He pulled his lips into his mouth and nodded slowly “Drakes?” I nodded, keeping his eye contact. He turned and looked at the steering wheel, actually looking a little taken back by the news. I heard him mutter under his breath “…I always told that boy to wrap it.”

Amazingly though, that statement did not piss me off and it wasn’t meant to piss me off. He said it trying to lighten the situation, not make fun of it. I could tell by his voice that the news had actually affected him. I think he was probably more surprised than I was that it had affected him to be honest. I guess the man really does have a heart somewhere under that expensive suit.

“I’m sorry.” It wasn’t a big apology, it wasn’t coated in sympathy and he wasn’t trying to comfort me, he just said it. Almost like something in him told him her had to.

I gave him a half-hearted smile “Thanks.”

He lets out a deep breath and grabs the steering wheel “So, you're telling me you actually want to stop Drake from killing Derek?”