97

"Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me you are dating your ex-teammate?" Collins, Daniella's younger sister, excitedly screamed as soon as the driver stepped foot inside her family home.

"Can you keep your voice down?" Daniella scolded as Collins ran and hugged her.

"You have no idea how jealous my friends are," Collins said as they let go of each other and helped Daniella with the luggage.

"They have nothing to be jealous about," Daniella replied. "Where is dad and Jenna?" She looked around, finding the house empty.

"They went to buy some things for dinner tonight," The younger sister replied with a shrug, she was getting impatient and was longing to know all about her sister's dating life. "Now tell me about you and Max."

"There is no me and Max."

Daniella ignored her sister's questions and made her way up to her room to get settled, dragging her luggage with her and getting very little help.

***

"Honestly, I thought you were going to die alone," David said to Daniella, his daughter, as the entire family sat around the dining table and had dinner.

"I know dad," Daniella sounded unamused as she picked her food. "You have said that to me about six times in the past couple of days."

"I am just relieved that you have time for a relationship in your life," David explained. "You are too busy, always traveling and racing. Now, I liked Max when I met him last year but now that he is your boyfriend I am not sure how I feel about him."

"Oh there is another guy who likes her," Collins joined the conversation. "He is also a driver and is totally into our dear Dani."

Daniella looked at her sister in disbelief. She was not expecting her love life to be the topic for discussion the entire day.

"Another one?" David sounded surprised. "Is he better than Max or..."

"Can we talk about something else?" Daniella requested in a frustrated tone.

"Yeah sure. But first, let's talk about your boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend," Daniella explained. "We are not dating anymore."

"That's what you told me about that Josh guy... the one you dated in high school," David pointed out. "But then I found you two trying to suck the life out of each other in your room."

"Someone please kill me," Daniella said to herself as she looked defeated.

***

"So you ran away?" Max asked in confusion and disbelief after Daniel explained how he saw Daniella and Lewis on the beach and then how he ran away.

The McLaren driver gave him a guilty look and nodded.

"It's just... She was with Lewis and believe it or not they are just as much of a scary duo as they are attractive, and I didn't want to face her," Daniel explained.

"You are scared of Daniella," Max stated as he let out a huff.

"I am scared of Daniella," Daniel repeated. "I mean you two broke up because I couldn't keep my mouth shut... but also because you couldn't keep your legs close but that's a whole different topic.." He rambled. "And I am pretty sure she thinks I am the one who made you make your non-existent relationship public. I really didn't want my ass handed to me by the second shortest driver on the grid in public," He explained.

Max couldn't help but roll his eyes before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"How was she?" The Red Bull driver asked. "Did she look good? Did she look happy?"

Daniel nodded.

"She was the hottest person there," He replied without thinking. "And she looked pretty happy with Lewis."

Max slowly lifted his head up and glared at his friend, face turning red in anger.

Daniel's eyes went slightly wide once he realized what he just said.

"No.. I meant.. She looked okay.." He tried to play it cool. "Definitely was not the hottest person there. And she only looked happy because Roscoe was there too."

Max once again rolled his eyes as he looked away.

"Look.." Daniel went and stood in front of Max. "Next race is in Silverstone and I am pretty sure her family is going to be there. If you don't do anything stupid and manage to impress her dad you might earn a chance with her again," He suggested.

"Yeah," Max let out a sigh. "But if she already told her family everything then there is a good chance her dad is going to kill me."

"I am not saying you don't deserve that but..." Daniel restrained himself from saying another word.

"Whose side are you on?" Max asked his friend, sounding a bit annoyed.

"The side that doesn't get me killed."

**********

A/N: Another below-average chapter. I am seriously losing so much interest in this story and also running out of ideas😣

  Dani's family can't stop discussing her love life and they are going to be at Silverstone. What do you think will happen?👀

So... Daniel is scared of Dani and doesn't want to put his life at risk👀😅 Thoughts on his suggestion to Max? 

Max needs some serious help and good advice and I don't think Daniel is providing either of those😅��