Chapter 78: Happiness

Heyy lovess, hope yall enjoy this chapter <3

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

Everything came at me in a blur.

The one second I was at the Nystrom building reading the text Isabella texted me and now I'm back in my car, speeding on the road as I watch the speedometer go crazy.

I can hear my heart pumping through my ears, my breathing quickening as the speed of the car begins growing.

I keep my eyes fixed on the road as my hand glides around the steering wheel, passing the other cars in quick movements.

I eventually reach Mason's driveway and I don't even bother to check if I parked right. I almost jump out of the car and unlock it before rushing towards the front door, my hand already on it as I knock.

The door opens and I'm met with a girl who I don't know. Her black hair is long and her beauty amazes me.

Would this be... Her?

"Maeve Nystrom, Silas Ludovico's fiancee. Am I right?" She smiles and moves away so I can walk inside while I give her a tiny nod, my hands visibly shaking.

"Amaya Hayashi," She smiles and my mouth opens in shock, it's her. Rowan's... What exactly is their status?

"Don't worry, he's stable for now." She reassures me and nods towards the stairs, signalling for me to go upstairs.

"Thank you," I mumble, my throat suddenly dry as I rush up the stairs. I notice one of the open doors upstairs, hearing multiple voices coming out of the room.

Shit, if I'm going to start crying I'll be daggering myself.

I slowly approach the door, standing at the doorframe but I can't see Silas because the guys are quite literally surrounding him.

I see Isabella and Leah smiling as they back away from the guys before both of the women's heads snap towards the doorframe where I'm standing.

"Look, I really don't want to be rude or something but where is my fiancee?" Silas' voice sounds through the room and a sigh leaves my mouth in relief, knowing that he's truly awake even though his voice sounds fragile.

"What? You're not happy to see us, hm?" Leo chuckles, teasing my black-haired boy.

"Of course, I am. But I'll be much happier once I see Maeve, so where is she?" Silas mumbles again and the guys rotate their heads towards where I am standing, smiling at me.

"Right here," Nico chuckles, "We'll be downstairs, right?" He sends the rest of the guys a look before they nod.

"Ti preparo del cibo.[I'll make you some food]" Isabella smiles as she caresses her son's hair before leaving the room, Leah following her as she pulls Mason with her, telling him we need our privacy.