Before The Spree-Kurt Kunkle

I sat on the couch, my entire body overcome with exhaustion. I took my ponytail out, running my fingers through my hair. I knew I should make something to eat but I was too tired. I groaned when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I mumbled out a sleepy greeting.

"Hey, beautiful."

His voice instantly gave me energy. "You sound tired. Long day?"

"Between classes all morning, working all afternoon," I sighed, "I'm exhausted, babe."

"Well, why don't you come over?" Kurt asked. "You, me, and Dodger can order a pizza. Watch a movie."

"And by 'movie', you mean. . ." I let my sentence drop, a smirk forming.

"Whatever happens, happens."

"Damn, I love you," I chuckled.

"I love you too," Kurt laughed. "So, you coming over?"

"Why don't you ever come over here?" I pouted.

"Because," Kurt laughed, "your roommate scares the crap out of me. I get this weird feeling that she doesn't like me."

"To give you the benefit of the doubt," I teased, "she doesn't like men. Friends or otherwise."

"Good to know," Kurt chuckled. "See you soon?"

"On my way."

"Make sure you bring clothes for tomorrow," he added quickly before hanging up.

The entire drive to Kurt's, I couldn't help but think about how lucky I was to find him. Kurt and I met through his rideshare job. A little over a year ago, Kurt drove me to an interview. The whole way there, he said nothing but positive things.

It was fate that he picked me up after. As he drove me home, I told him about my interview. Before I got out of the car, Kurt asked for my number. We went on a date the next night and have been together ever since.

The second the door opened, Kurt pulled me into his chest and pressed his lips to mine. I let out a small giggle as I started to kiss him back. We broke the kiss when something jumped on us. We looked down, smiling to see a very happy Dodger.

"Come on, boy," Kurt sighed. "Don't jump on Mommy."

"That's okay," I said as I knelt down. As I got to his level, Dodger kissed my face.

"Pizza will be here in a few minutes," Kurt said as I stood back up.

"Great," I smirked as I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the couch. I fell onto the cushions, bringing Kurt with me. He laughed as he laid us down, hovering over me. He leaned down, his lips hovering over mine.

"I love you, Y/N," he whispered.

"I love you too, Kurt."

A few hours later and after an entire pizza we were on the couch, our clothes scattered around the room.

"I was thinking," Kurt sighed as he ran his fingers up and down my bare back. "What if you moved in with me?"

"What?" I gasped. I sat up, holding the blanket close to my chest. "Kurt," I said slowly. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm serious," he smiled as he sat us both up. "We've been together a long time. Don't you think it's time we move in together? And then, maybe, in a few years. . ."

"In a few years what?"

"Maybe in a few years we could get married," Kurt offered, his face burning. "And then start a family."

I leaned over and pressed my lips to his. He smiled against my lips as he laid us back down. He carefully rolled us so he was hovering over me.

"Let's do it," I whispered, breaking the kiss.

"Move in together?" Kurt double-checked.

"All of it," I chuckled. "Buy a house, get married, start a family. All of it. But I guess we should start with moving in together."

* * * * *

It didn't take us long to get everything finalized. Within a month, I had sold my lease and began packing. Today, the movers were taking the last of my stuff to Kurt's.

"I think that's it," Kurt laughed into the phone.

"I can't believe we're really doing this," I sighed.

"You don't have any regrets, do you?" Kurt meant to sound lighthearted but I knew him.

"Don't worry," I reassured him. "I don't have any regrets. I love you, Kurt. I can't wait to wake up every morning to you. I can't wait to kiss you goodbye before you go to work. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Kurt."

"I can't wait either," he said, his voice soft. "Now hurry up and get over here!"

"I'm on my way!" I giggled, barely able to hold back my excitement. I was about to hang up, but Kurt stopped me.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

Kurt's POV

Instead of Y/N coming home, I got a visit from the police. I opened the door and the two officers slowly took off their hats.

"Are you Mr. Kurt Kunkle?"

"I am," I answered, a sick feeling in my stomach all of a sudden.

"We're so sorry to have to tell you this," the officer hesitated, "but Ms. Y/N was in a car accident earlier tonight."

"She. . ." I couldn't collect my thoughts.

"The doctors did everything they could," the other officer awkwardly cleared his throat. "But unfortunately. . ."

"No," I cut him off. "Please no. Don't say it. Don't say she's. . ."

I couldn't get myself to say it. It couldn't be true. There was no way it could be true.

"We're so sorry," the first officer apologized again.

I didn't hear what they said after that. I didn't hear how they excused themselves. I didn't know they left until I heard their car drive away. I finally closed the door and leaned my forehead against it. Angry tears started to stream down my face as I finally got myself to say the words I wouldn't let the cops say.

"Y/N's dead."

* * * * *

After I buried the love of my life, I shut everybody out. I didn't care about college anymore. I didn't talk to any of our friends. I barely spoke to my family. I went through my days in a haze.

It got to the point where all I did was drive people. But even that got mundane. I was scrolling through my old videos when I had an idea. Something that would get me more views and help me keep my mind off losing Y/N.

I was going to need some supplies.