32. {library clean-up]

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

franchie, liam and hayden had just heard a beast's roar, and their eyes widen in shock and alarm at the sound. they glanced up to see glowing white-blue eyes in the doorway and continued to watch in horror as it crushed the chain-link fence door in its large hands, throwing the crushed metal at them. when it landed just in front of the cruiser, liam instantly grabbed the two girls' hands.

"what the hell is that?"

"run!" liam yelled.

the trio began to sprint as fast as they could from the telecom building. hayden was reluctant to leave valerie behind, but the woman had already made it out safely.

"girls! run!" her voice echoed.

they did as they were told and followed liam into the nature preserve while the beast chased after them.

"what is that thing?" hayden asked aloud.

as the sound of the monster growling and branches snapping filled her ears, she reached over to securely take franchie's hand.

liam was shocked into speechlessness, and couldn't answer. hayden was visibly frustrated by his silence.

"liam, what is it?" she repeated.

"i don't know!" liam panted frantically, "just run!"

the three continued to run until they made it to the wide and deep ravine in the middle of the preserve. they skidded to a halt before they toppled over the edge of the cliff, but when they heard the beast quickly approaching them, hayden made a decision. she backed away from the cliff before looking at franchie expectantly.

"jump."

"what?!" franchie exclaimed, her eyes darting between the girl and the large gap.

"are you kidding?" liam had the same reaction as the santiago girl.

"we can make it!" hayden reassured the two, "here." she squeezed franchie's hand before pulling her backwards.

the three ran at full speed to the ravine and just as they made it to the ledge, they used their super strength and agility to leap across with such force that hayden accidentally released franchie's hand.

hayden landed in a safe stance on the other side, a smirk on her face while franchie tumbled onto the floor, dirt in her hair. hayden quickly bent down and helped her up, brushing off her clothes.

"see? i told you!" hayden spoke.

franchie turned around, expecting to see liam right behind her but saw him hanging onto the ledge with his arms as the rest of his body dangled over the ravine.

"hayden..." franchie gestured to the helpless boy.

"shit."

the girls reached out to help him up but while they were distracted, the beast effortlessly lept over to them. franchie's head shot back to see the large creature staring right at them. it roared menacingly as liam thought of an idea.