( seven ) max, you have to wake up.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷:"𝚖𝚊𝚡, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷:
"𝚖𝚊𝚡, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

SOMEHOW, THE BASEMENT of the Wheeler house was always sort of a base for the group in Hawkins. It was where multiple D&D games had occurred, it was where they had hid Eleven when they first found her, it was where countless movie nights had happened, it was where they had found out that the Mind Flayer was still in Hawkins, and now, it was where they all were after finding out the worst news that they could've possibly received.

Nancy and Robin had given them copies of The Weekly Watcher, a newspaper notorious for its articles that were far-reached and absolutely crazy. Mackenzie sat on the familiar couch in between Dustin and Lucas while Steve paced around, reading up on Victor Creel Claims: Ancient Demon Killed Family. Apparently Victor Creel had been accused of murder of his wife and daughter, the type of murder than involved the snapping of bones and the removing of eyes.

"Uh, okay, be honest," Steve began. "Uh . . . you guys understand any of this?"

"No," Lucas answered.

"Pretty straightforward," Dustin said.

Steve gave him a look. "Oh, straightforward, really?"

"Well, what's confusing to you? So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."

"Yeah, that's assuming he was cursed, Henderson, which we don't even know. How can Vecna have existed in the fifties? It doesn't make sense."

"We don't know if Eleven actually created the Upside Down or not," Mackenzie voiced. "She only opened a Gate to it. As far as we know, the Upside Down has probably been under us since the beginning of time. Maybe even before Earth. I mean, it is a parallel dimension, right?"

"Okay, okay, but if a Gate didn't exist in the fifties, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas asked.

"Oh, and how he's getting through now?" Steve added.

"And why now?"

"And why then? Just pops out in the fifties, kills one family, and he's like, hey, I'm good. And poof, he just disappears. Just . . . gone? Only to return thirty years later and start killing some random teens? No, I don't buy it." He looked back down at the article. "Straightforward, my ass. You know what, honestly, Henderson, a little humility every now and then, it wouldn't hurt you."