| 20 |

ONE HEART

After taking a deep breath, EunAe follows him out the door, his golden trace leading her towards some trees.

"Namjoon?" She calls out.

"Over here!"

Relieved, she makes her way over to him, a small smile on her face.

"What's going on?"

The boy stays quiet as she approaches.

"I want to show you something." Is all he says.

EunAe raises a brow at that, following him closer to the lake.

With a small smile, he takes a step back.

"It's time."

Somehow she knows what he is talking about.

"Are you sure?"

"I want you to know. I want you to see all of me."

A warm golden glow surrounds him, his body changing shape and size until he reaches his dragon form.

EunAe smiles at the boy, slowly closing the distance between them.

Her hand reaches up to his chest, her cheek resting above his heart as she closes her eyes.

She smiles as it glows, bright and alive.

The dragon looks down at her, his head reaching down until their foreheads are pressed together.

And then, in a blink of an eye he is back to his human form.

There is a different look in his dragon shaped eyes.

This time, he is no longer hiding.

He is confident and comfortable in his own skin.

"Thank you." She breathes out, proud of how far he has come along.

His thumb graces her cheek, reaching down under her chin, his hand going to the back of her neck as he pulls her closer to him, wrapping her in a hug.

The girl melts into his embrace, soaking up his warmth.

As they stand in silence, something catches their attention, a faint yet constant thump, the sound of their hearts beating in unison.

Smiling, she deepens the hug, pouring all her thoughts and unspoken words into their embrace, the glow surrounding them intensifying.

"Thank you for not giving up on me." He whispers in her ear, her eyes filling with tears.

"Thank you for not giving up on yourself." She says, parting to look at him.

"Let's stay like this a little longer."

She nods in response, not wanting to waste a second of their precious time together.

"I want to show you something else." He adds.

Changing back into his dragon form, he signals for the girl to climb in his back, soon taking off into the clouds.

As they fly through the fluffy clouds around them, he can't help a warm feeling spreading through his chest as he looks at her, her smile wide as she reaches to the sky.

They have had their differences these past few days, but he wouldn't change it for the world.

This moment right now is all that matters.

Despite their differences, the have grown side by side to melt into one heart.

A glowing heart of gold.

As the sun sets, and the pair returns from their journey through the sky, the mood shifts.

The reality of the situation pulling them down from the clouds.

There is still another matter they need to discuss.

"This plan of ours, do you really think we can pull it off?" He asks.

"I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm a little scared."

Namjoon nods in agreement.

"Tell me, what's on your mind?" He inquires, taking her hand.

The girl tilts her head back as she speaks, avoiding his gaze.

"There is something bothering me." EunAe says. "How come they haven't come after Taehyung? I'm sure they know he's a shifter as well. So are they going after all shifters, or just particular ones?"

"We can't really make a plan without all the variables."

"Hey, we'll figure it out." He reassures.

"I know we will," she says, managing a small smile, "I'm just worried about you two."

"For now I think we should find out as much as we can, and if the only way we can get it is by contacting them, then we have to work with what we got." Namjoon says. "We'll be alright."

"I really hope so."

"Do you trust me?"

"More than anyone."

"Come on," he says, offering his hand, "it's time to set our plan into motion."

Another update as promised

Another update as promised. I hope you enjoyed! Sorry about the lack of updates but thank you for reading 💛
~Van
(2022.11.24)