Chapter 1: Lonely No More

After nearly avoiding the disaster of a burnt pork chop, (F/N) followed through with his end and started cooking pork chop the same way Marisa taught him. Or at least what he paid attention to. The process seemed to be simple, just watch for the golden texture of the pork chop, before flipping it over on the other side and repeating the process. He could hear the sizzling of the meat against the pan, the pops of grease, and the smell of a beautiful pork chop entering his nose.

He picked up the meat thermometer and poked it into the pork chop, watching the needle slowly rise up and get to roughly around the same number as when Marisa did it.

"Just can't let it get too hot," (F/N) thought to himself as he watched the meat. He let out a sigh, wiping the sweat from his brow, before looking over at Marisa's pork chop, one that he nearly let burnt, given that he was thinking about Marisa and her strange wording. "Probably just my imagination," (F/N) said to himself. "Marisa's probably just trying to emphasize how difficult work is being." He looked over at his cooking, watching the needle slowly rise higher and higher, before taking out the thermometer and setting it aside. He turned the stove off and lifted the meat off of the pan and onto a plate. Grabbing a knife, he cut his and Marisa's into tiny chunks.

After a moment, he set the plates down on the nearby table, placed a fork next to the plate. But as he continued to look at the plate, he decided to swap them, giving his meat to Marisa and hers to himself.

"At least she won't have to taste if this is burnt, or not," he said to himself, before crossing his arms and thinking to himself. He looked over at the hallway, seeing that Marisa was still nowhere to be seen. He tilted his head, as if trying to peer around the corner. "Does she take showers that last this long?" He asked. "Probably having to dry her hair." He scratched his head, trying to think of what to do next, what he could do to pass the time. He looked over at his bag, seeing that it was still sitting on the couch where he put it. He just shook his head. "Maybe something to drink," he said. He walked over to the fridge, pulling it open and looking inside. He saw different drinks that were inside. "Let's see what kind of juices she has in here; she's got mango, apple, guava, and...apple again? So many fuckin' fruits." He said, before grabbing the most full bottle of apple juice, and shutting it behind him. He grabbed a couple of glasses from the cabinet and set it down on the table, pouring himself and Marisa a glass. "Man, with how things look, it's like we're on a date, or something." That phrase lingered on in (F/N)'s head, which got him to thinking. "Well, if we were dating," (F/N) began, "it would be nice. Her hugs would be warm, seeing her smile as she walks in, and her curvaceous body would be-" he instantly shook the thoughts from his head. "What am I thinking!? She's older than I am! There's no way she'd be into a kid, like me." But as he said that, he thought back to how she was acting around him, her hug lingering on a bit longer and the way she put emphasis on words that could be associated with his phallus. He scratched the back of his head. "I mean...she may be interested in me." He shook his head again and looked to the hall. "I wonder what's taking so long! There's no way she takes showers that last this long." (F/N) marched over to the hallway, determined to see what was going on, though worried that something bad happened to her. He rounded the corner. "Hey, Marisa-"

 "Hey, Marisa-"