𝙏𝙒𝙊

"You know, tequila isn't going to solve your problems." Penny Benjamin gestured to the five shot glasses, all flipped upside down and in a perfect line.

"No, but they can make me forget about them." Lilah replied as she shot another one, setting it in line like the others.

"No salt or lime?" Penny asked with a slight quirk of her lips.

"Most Aircraft Carriers don't have salt or lime."

"I'm cutting you off." Penny snatched up all of the shot glasses and put them into the sink. "You have to work tomorrow."

Lilah put her finger up. "Seeing as I do, in fact, have to work tomorrow, means that I need more if I'm going to get through the day."

"I'm afraid I can't let you be a drunk fighter pilot and anyways, your grandfather will kill me if I let you drive home drunk, and you don't have a DD."

Penny took the tequila with her when she turned around to serve the other side of the bar, leaving Lilah to place her cheek on the cold counter. It was loud, almost deafening with so many people crammed inside. About 30 Naval Officers roamed around the place, playing pool and drinking cheep beer. The rest were college students or just adults that wanted to get out of San Diego.

"Let me buy you drink."

Lilah groaned aloud at the sound of a deep, cocky male voice from behind her. She sat up and spun around in her chair, expecting some type of officer, but instead she got Bradley Bradshaw.

"So, I got the silent treatment about a two years ago, right after you fucked me and then resorted to middle school shit talking six months ago, after not speaking to me for a little more than a year and a half, and now you wanna buy me a drink?" Lilah laughed, but not in a light, kind way, "It's going to take a lot more than one drink to buy my forgiveness, Lieutenant Bradshaw."

"Shit."

Bradley fixed his glasses, which were perked on the end of his nose and ran his finger through his hair. He was tanner than she remembered, and if possible, taller. It might've just been because she'd had too much to drink and her vision was staring to blur, though. His eyes still had that gleem to them though, the same one they'd had when he'd shown up at Lilah small beach house.

"Yeah, shit." Lilah snapped, trying to push herself around him.

"Look, you cut your hair, and your a lot tanner than you were two years ago." He was stumbling over his words as he followed her out the door of the bar. "I was jealous, okay? Is that what you want me to say. We were having sex and you got a call. I didn't get a call, okay? And then you left me, Lil, to go risk your life."

"Don't call me that." she growled, turning on him so fast he backed up. He thought she was going to slap him. He knew he deserved it. "It's Captain Hollis, or Hurricane, to you. We're not friends anymore, I am your superior and you will treat me like it."

That really pissed him off. He ran his fingers through his hair again. She could see him running his tongue along the instead of his cheek, deciding what awful and cruel thing he should say next.

"God, I didn't miss hearing your voice. That entailed, my granddaddy gets me whatever I want whenever I want voice." he was starting to lean closer to her face. She could smell his favorite chocolate and the mint of his toothpaste on it. She still had the same one at her house.

"You know what I didn't miss? That shit stain on your upper lip, Bradshaw." she scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

"You always were stubborn."

"Me!" she screamed at him. "Go look in a mirror, asshole! You're the one that was so jealous that I'm a better pilot than you that you ignored me after you literally had sex with me! Holy shit, you're not just stubborn, you're a arrogant asshole!"