Department Of Mysteries pt.2

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

The man pushed two pictures in front of me.

I frowned and looked down at the two different men's mugshots, both angry looking and dirty in the face. The first one didn't look familiar but looking upon the second one, my face went pale and my chest pinged.

His dark eyes and dirty blonde hair. He looked so familiar but where had i seen him?

Oh my god.

Fiji.

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I remembered it to be one of the worst days of my life, the day where my daughter was put in danger, the day I realised that never would I be left alone.

12 years ago.

"Fuck it's hot, never get this in London" Kehlani laughed.

"That's true, the sky is so clear–not a cloud in sight" I agreed as I looked down from the sky and scanned the people walking past until my eyes landed on someone that looked familiar.

I don't recall ever seeing this person but they just seemed so familiar, like I knew them but I know I have never seen them.

"Lani" I said as she looked down and hummed in response "That guy over there–"

"Where!?–"

"Will you shut the fuck up" I whispered shouted "Over there in the orange shirt"I grabbed her arm and discreetly pointed.

"Yeah... what about him?" She asked as she noticed who I was talking about.

"Where have I seen him before? He looks so familiar–don't you think?" I asked as she narrowed her eyes and stared at him for a good few seconds.

"Nah, sorry babe. Haven't seen him before in my life, you're on your own with this one" she shrugged as she looked back at me.

It was frustrating how I couldn't pin point who he was or why he looked so familiar. In that moment I wanted nothing more then to know who he was, all other things left my mind and as Kehlani dragged me down to the beach I couldn't help but wonder... what if he was someone bad from my past? That's why I couldn't remember because I didn't want to.

Somebody didn't want me to.

A few hours later he attempted to sexually assault me.

I looked at the photo for a second more before looking towards Draco. He held an unknowing look since the only ones who had seen this man where me, Kehlani and Albus who had chased him away before Draco had got to me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and pushed his picture forward.

"Him" I said and the old man fumbled to pick up the photo "He... he—Uh... he attempted to Sexually assault me 12 years ago"

"What?" Draco looked at me "When did this happen?"

"Fiji" I said quietly "The man at our hotel"

"Alden Chopan" The investigated said "Just done 7 years in Azkaban for assault with a weapon and attempted robbery. It so happens that Alden was in association with Mikeal and Malice's drug cartel"

"Drug cartel?" I said confused "No one said anything about drugs"

"I'm aware, Mrs Malfoy, but it's just what we know so far" He huffed "I'm led to believe that it's all connected somehow. In no way was it a coincidence that Malice is after you. Alden however, I don't think he actually knew who you were. I believe he was simply just... along for the ride"