Chapter 28

Tears slipped down your cheeks as you stared at the motionless body of the attendant. Why? Why did he attack you? Why was he bloody and mangled? Why was that corps near him? Did he kill someone? You hated the idea that the new security feature that was supposed to protect everyone at the restaurant got someone killed. You helped to install that feature. Did that make you at fault? What if one of the other animatronics started acting up because of this?

With shaky hands, you slowly grabbed your security pass from your pocket. You crawled over to Eclipse, keeping as much distance as you could as you reached over and held it to the back of his head. There was a faint beep sound as he partly transformed back into Sun.

"Hey... are you okay?" the guard asked. You felt him place a hand on your shoulder.

"He was supposed to keep the kids safe," you whispered.

"I know... it... it was probably just some faulty programming. We'll get it fixed," he said. You could tell he was trying to be comforting, but it didn't help. The animatronic you felt safe around killed someone. How the hell where you supposed to feel safe now?

"Hey! What's going on!" another guard called as she entered the room with Amanda and some other staff members.

"It's the attendant! He went rogue or something!" the guard with you called back.

The other guards all came down while you slowly walked back up to Amanda, legs shaking. She was quick to grab onto you, hugging you tightly. You hugged back and let out a choked sob.

"I know you two are still in shock, but could you try and find Monty? We can't find him!" one of the guards called up to you.

"Y-yeah! We'll go look for him!" Amanda called back.

The two of you went into Monty Golf, reasoning that it would be a good place to start looking. You knew you already checked here, but maybe he had come back or you weren't looking hard enough. The two of you walked around, calling out for Monty and hoping he was okay.

As Amanda ran ahead, you glanced over at your shoulder. The sleeve of your costumed had been ripped and you could see blood soaking some of the cloth. The site made you pause, realization dawning on you. This was the first time you had actually been hurt. It was... strange. You really didn't know how to feel about it.

You started getting that strange feeling of being watched again. You looked around, feeling a little uneasy knowing that it wouldn't be Bonnie this time. After a few minutes of looking, you realized that the feeling was coming from something above you. Looking up, you saw a figure sitting up on the catwalks above the golf course. You knew that without a doubt, it was Monty.

You ran over to the staff door that led up to the catwalks, scanning your badge and running up the stairs. Once up, you walked over to Monty, taking a seat by him.

"Are you okay?" you asked.

Monty slowly nodded, just staring down at the golf course. You didn't know how, but his eyes looked lifeless. Even more lifeless than how animatronic eyes usually look.

"Do you know what happened to Bonnie?" you asked.

No response. Monty just continued to stare down at the course.

"Do you wanna come down?"

A nod.

You slowly got up and lead Monty down from the catwalks. You found Amanda, who had a look of pure relief on her face when she saw that Monty was okay. The three of you walked back out to the daycare, avoiding looking at what was left of Bonnie. You saw that the security guard who had gotten attacked by the attendant was sitting off to the side, a few bandages already covering some of the cuts on him. Most of the other guards were looking around the area, except for one; Dave. You watched as he looked over at you, the glare he always seemed to have on his face softening somewhat when he saw you.

"Good, you found him," he said, walking over.

"Yeah, I guess he was up on the catwalks," Amanda said.

Dave nodded, walking over to you. "Let's get you bandaged up before those cuts get infected," he said.

You nodded. Dave had you sit down on the stairs while he bandaged you up. You just stared down at the spot where the attendant was, realizing he wasn't there.

"Where's Sun?" you asked.

"We had someone take him down to maintenance. If you're feeling up to it, we'd like you to help try and get him repaired," he said.

"I think I can do that," you said.

A few minutes went by. Peter had come in after finding Oliver outside the daycare to see what was going on, a manager showing up not long after. You wound up having to stay there for a good hour, waiting for police to arrive so you could be questioned along with Amanda and the guard. Once the questioning was over and you got the okay to leave, you went down to the maintenance hall with Peter while Amanda took Oliver home. While going down, you got a companywide email and text saying that the Pizzaplex would be closed for the next few days so the police could investigate and all the animatronics could be repaired and tested.

Once down at the maintenance hall, Peter finally spoke up.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I... don't know," you mumbled.

Peter put a hand on your shoulder, giving you a sad smile. "It'll be okay. We just need to repair the attendant and get that faulty security chip out of him. Then, everything will go back to normal," he said.

You slowly nodded. "Do you think they'll figure out who that guy was?" you asked.

"No clue. It'll probably take a few days to get a DNA test back," he said.

"Why not check the cameras?" you asked.

"Too grainy and we have no clue when that person was in the daycare, so we'd probably be watching the feed for a while," he said.

"Oh, so Fazbear Entertainment will make robots that have advanced AI and an ass ton of security features but they won't upgrade their camera systems? Yeah, that makes sense," you grumbled, causing Peter to laugh.

"What do you expect? It's Fazbear Entertainment," he said, shrugging.

You let out a small sigh, shaking your head. You expected better, that's what you expected.

"Hey... do you think I did the right thing?" you asked.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked.

"I mean, I kicked the attendant. Twice. I could've tried to get my badge out to deactivate the security protocol, but I didn't," you said.

"Well... I don't think you were in the wrong for doing that. You were defending yourself and another staff member. I don't think you'll get in trouble for it," he said.

"Yeah..." You trialed off, your mind playing the whole scene over and over. Then, something hit you. "I shouldn't have been able to deactivate the security protocol," you said.

"What?" Peter asked.

"I kicked the attendant. My security badge shouldn't have worked."