chapt 46 • Jealousy Goes Both Ways

This week has been absolute shit

I haven't seen Alessio in five days. At least I haven't spoken to him in five days and I hated it.

I've only ever seen him around the hall with Madelyn following him around like a lost dog with zero home training.

Whenever she'd see me, she'd slip her hand around his arm and lean her head onto his before he'd embarrass her and pull away.

I can't even look at him for too long because of Noah, who has made it his job to visit every day and make it known that he knows me.

From walking me to every lecture and waiting outside to walk me to my room, the only time he leaves is when his mother calls and asks him to come home.

He's lied to her and told her he'd bring me over for dinner one of these days, but neither of them knew that I was trying my hardest to get out of this stupid fucking contract.

For now I had to sit in the dining hall while Noah who seemed to have nothing better to do than to torture me speak about how wealthy his family is and how expensive his watch was.

From across the dining hall, Madelyn sat too close to Alessio for my liking. Staring at him with big and creepy eyes while he tried to keep his distance and kept his eyes on the stack of books in front of him while she went on about nonsense.

I don't know what was worse, seeing Madelyn look as if she had just won herself some prize or listening to Noah brag about how much money he's inherited from his parents.

I didn't get a full night's sleep last night, most of me didn't want to admit the reason why, as if something inside of me just wouldn't let me.

But I knew the reason was sitting across the room from me, occasionally sneaking glances towards me and hateful looks at the person sitting next to me especially when he tried to touch me.

When Noah's phone rang and he turned around to speak to whoever at the same time Madelyn got up and left quickly and I took the opportunity to text Alessio to meet me somewhere.

I waited for him to get the message, he looked up from his phone and I softly bit my bottom lip. His eyes then move down when Noah puts his hand on my thigh, and that soft look in his eyes disappears.

Alessio stands up and leaves the dining hall, and I don't get a text back until two minutes later telling me that he's waiting for me in a room.

I grab my stuff and Noah moves the phone from his ear and ask me where I'm going, "I have classes, I can't sit here all day and wait around for you"

"I'll meet you at your room later then, don't do anything that'll make me do something I don't want to" He sends me a chilling wink, reminding me that he won't hesitate to tell Carter about Alessio and I.

Even on my way to meet Alessio, I pass Carter and all I can think about is how he's planned Alessio's entire life for him. Which Alessio is working to plan his future himself and I could possibly ruin that.