026 :: RUN, RUN, RUN.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX...!

!

❝ RUN RUN RUN , SEASON SEVEN ❞

SEVEN ❞

IT WAS A NEW DAY, when Grayson and Jennie sat together at a local coffee shop. The two had been hanging out a lot since their reunion. Although they were just friends, Jennie still felt the need to be secretive about how she's been hanging out with him from the team. Most of the time, she would tell them that she was running errands.

Although, she had already used the grocery store lie twice this week, so perhaps she should come up with something else.

"So, when do you go back to Connecticut?" Jennie asked the boy in front of her, before taking a sip from her coffee.

"This Sunday." He told her, "I was actually gonna ask you— do you think you could drive me to the airport that night? I would get a cab, but you made me watch that movie, Taxi Driver, I'm not really sure how much I wanna bet that my chauffeur isn't an assassin."

At that, Jennie laughed, shaking her head,

"You said you didn't even think it was that scary." She reminded him, "But, yes. Of course, I'll drive you."

"Thank you." He laughed out, taking a sip of his own coffee, "It feels weird going back. I've been on my break for what feels like forever."

"You deserved a break." Jennie told him, "You've worked hard."

He smiled softly at her.

"You know what we should do?" Grayson then asked her, rhetorically, causing the girl to give him a curious look, "Plan a trip. For the summer, or whatever other break we have that aligns. Just the two of us. We can go to— Cabo or something."

"Cabo?" Jennie repeated, chuckling, "I'm not sure how we'll afford that."

"Jennie, please. I'm gonna be a lawyer." Grayson spoke, a playful expression on his face, "I'll be making bank."