𓆉 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

She read the words written on a small piece of paper that Jake had handed her earlier.

Meet me at the balcony, wear something that is comfortable. Don't ask why and just do it :)

She looked down at her pajamas "This is fine, I guess." It was six o'clock in the evening, she was planning to go to bed early but Jake wanted to see her for some unknown reason.

"I'm drowsy now. I woke up early because of Sunghoon." She yawned as she climbed the stairs "Has he arrived in Seoul yet? I'll just ask Jake later to text him." She was on the last step of the staircase when she spotted Layla on the balcony.

She blinked and rubbed her eyes "Why do I get déjà vu? It's like I've seen this scene before. Weird." She walked over there as her heart pounded with excitement.

"Why the hell am I feeling excited? "She asked herself when a thought came to her mind. It was Jake might have a surprise, maybe a gift or a fancy date.

She smacked her head in annoyance "Shush!
Minji! Don't think something like that. He will just talk to you probably. Don't expect too much." She took a deep breath as she reached the front of the glass door.

Her sweaty hand pulled the doorknob, as the door opened she felt the fresh air that night , her hair swayed by the breeze which caused it to mess up.

Her eyes widened at Layla's appearance, she had a ribbon on top of her head and just like what she did before to the dog, it has a red ribbon on her neck.

Her sparkling eyes looked around and stopped at the dishes that were on the table. Steak and a bottle of tequila, she covered her mouth with her hand feeling astonished and getting even more déjà vu.

She didn't know if she would cry with sadness or with joy on those times. Her failed confession came back to her memory, which was indeed one of her heartbreaking memories.

A memory which for the first time she was rejected by a guy , and that is no other than Sim Jake.

And finally their eyes met. He was smiling softly at her, wearing the exact white buttoned up shirt he had worn when she confessed. Her world seemed to stop for a moment when she realized that he had all planned it.

"Minji, you're already here. Why aren't you sitting down?" He laughed silently, remembering her lines before.

Her mouth turned up into a silly smile "Did you do this on purpose, Sim Jake? I will not forgive you if you answer yes. I'll really hate you." She stood near the table while staring at the food.

"You can't hate me, Minji. You can't."Jake shook his head, a smile on his face " He stood up to pull up the chair in front so she could sit "Here."

She sat down and Jake went back to his seat. Minji looked up at the hanging lights that only illuminating the dark balcony.

They were silent for a few seconds to listen to the sound of the waves that they were both accustomed to during their daily stay on that island.

"Our island is beautiful, isn't it?" He asked and her gaze returned to him.

She nodded "Very much. Here I have experienced comfort and peace all my life. Since, I lived here with you I have been attached to this island and I can't seem to imagine that one day I will leave it."

He removed the cork of the tequila bottle and put a little amount on her glass "I see. Me too, just like you I'll leave this island when the summer break is over."

"Of course, it's a waste of your intellegence if you don't go to the Academy. "She laughed as she gazed at her glass" Are you going to get me drunk tonight? "

"I won't do that. You can only drink one glass. I don't want you to get drunk."

She raised the bottle close to her face "Is this what you called one glass? Dang! It's not even half full." She put it down and then looked at the steak feeling hungry.

"Can I eat now? I'm hungry." She shyly asked while rubbing the back of her neck.

"Sure, wait a minute." He took her plate then as well as the slicing knife, he carefully sliced the steak into small pieces then returned it to her.

"Thanks, you're so gentleman. Who wouldn't fall for someone like you?" She mumbled then stabbed a piece of steak and put it on her mouth. Her eyes lit up after tasting the expensive food.

"Many girls are falling for someone like me, but only one of them is lucky." He took a tissue and wipe the corner of her lips that has a steak sauce "Eat slowly or you will choke. "

She put her hand on top of his "I thought I wasn't your type because I don't have the qualities of the woman you're looking for?"

He shook his head, slightly grinning "You're not my type but all I know is that I see you in my future. I’m not joking so don’t tease me.”He pointed his index finger at her.

She blushed as she then gulped some water "I won't tease you anymore, I promised myself that I will behave starting from today."

"You don't have to change yourself for me, because that attitude of yours made me like you." He took a bite of his steak and looked at her "But don't be too exaggerated and then reduce your craziness."

"Always be kind to anyone else you meet so that they will treat you the same way. "He added. 

"Is this a date or a moral lesson by Professor Jake?" She finished her steak then looked at Layla  "My daughter, look who has a choker. You look so badass right now."

Jake refrain himself from laughing "I just said earlier that you need to reduce your craziness why are you starting again?" He glanced at Layla "She's cute, isn't she?"

"Yup, she is." She stood up in her chair then rested her hands on the railing, her eyes were on the  ocean "By the way, what is really the purpose of this dinner?"

"Won't you ask me if I want to be your girlfriend?"

He laughed as a response.

She glared at him "Don't tell me you're going to reject me again? Did you just make me hope for nothing?"

He panicked and then stood close to her "No, not like that."

"Then why did you laugh at my question? That's serious you know."

He grabbed her shoulders and their eyes met "At the right time I'll ask you that too, but first I'd rather get to know you more, find out your favorites and your dislikes, who your exes are, all about your childhood."

"As well as your family."