Fourty-Two || Annette Antony

|| Annette Antony

"What were you thinking? You can't just flash your eyes like that in public." Stiles held on to Jacy's waist, the pair hidden between their cars around the back of Stella's. He forced her look at him, "Jace."

"I hate seeing him. I hate him being here in my home and I feel like I'm about to implode when I see him." Jacy was still trying to calm herself, "I, just, I-"

Stiles cupped the side of her face, "Hey, hey. Look at me. You're okay."

"No, I'm not okay, Stiles. He's here to take me back."

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed, "You don't think he'll actually be able to, do you?"

"He's doing it for a political campaign and he's got the government backing him." Jacy was panicking, nearly in tears. "Who knows what he can do?"

"I'm not letting you go anywhere. I will never let anyone, especially your jackass of a father, take you away from me. You belong here in Beacon."

Jacy sighed, leaning forward and resting her head on his chest. She closed her eyes, breathing heavily until her tone turned normal. "I can't do this. I'm going to lose it."

"That's why you have me." Stiles had his arms around her, stroking her hair. He kissed the top of her head, "Come to me whenever you get angry or feel like you're going to blow up."

"What if I hurt you?" Jacy looked up, holding onto the side of his unbuttoned plaid shirt without a heavy grip. "If I shift-"

"You won't. You have control." Stiles assured, running a thumb along her cheek lightly. "I'll help you and we'll find a way to get him out of town."

"How would you calm me down? I'm about to wolf out, there isn't much you can do."

"I could distract you. That could work, right?" Stiles asked, moving his hands down to hold her waist.

"What, are we just going to talk it out?"

"That's...not what I had in mind by distractions," Stiles cheekily said, a little grin on his lips.

"Oh." Jacy's cheeks flushed, her eyes flickering to his lips in response. "That could work too, maybe."

"Maybe?" He sounded slightly offended, smirking as he leaned in a little closer to her. "Is it not working already?"

Jacy only grinned, going up on her toes and taking away the gap between them. She leaned back on her car, tugging on Stiles' shirt to pull him down with her.

"Okay," Stiles pulled away a little reluctantly, "maybe not in the parking lot."

Jacy checked her watch. "Homeroom's already started. Shit."

"Well, if we'd already be marked late..." Stiles tucked a wave of hair behind her ear. "So, why not just skip?"

"We have a history test, Stiles." Jacy clearly didn't care, but she was worried about him needing to be there for it.

"We can make it up tomorrow." Stiles kissed her again, "We can forget the supernatural world, forge notes or fake phone calls and ditch school for the day. We can be cliché teenagers. It'll be fun."

Jacy was grinning widely, still drawn to his lips. "My house?"

Stiles lightly laughed, kissing her. "I'll meet you there. I'll let Scott know we're skipping so nobody shows up unexpectedly thinking we're dead."

"Okay." Jacy let go of him, letting him get into his Jeep before rounding her car and getting in the driver's seat of her Honda.

Hell, teenagers in a place like Beacon Hills deserved to act like actual teens every once in a while.